Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
You will need a feeler gauge. Then its kind of self explanitory..Just double and triple check.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
The exhaust cam lobe should be at 1 o'clock (toward front of car) and the intake cam lobe should be at 11 o'clock (toward firewall) when checking...

·
Registered
237 Posts
hey man thanks, i knew it was something like that. so basiclly measure before you take the old cams out and then measure it with the new cams in and and make up the diffrence right? thanks
I think you have to install the new cams - measure - then do the calculation with the measurements on the cam card. I dont think you have to measure the old cams at all. I have a set that I am going to install next week so somebody correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
measure w/new cams in w/buckets in original local. then log what buckets u have and where. do not get them outta order or u'll have to start over. do the math to get where u need to be on ur respective cam card then make the changes, flip/flops, or moves to get what u need.

if i have some time i can check ur math or do it 4 u if you get me what u have and where.

-Ult

1 - 8 of 8 Posts