Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm continuing to add some content to the Mk3 section, hopefully you all don't mind. :)

This is a piece I added about a year ago. One feature which SEL and Titanium sedans gained over their S and SE counterparts was a carpeted liner on the trunk lid. I wanted to finish off the trunk so I ordered the parts and added it to my SE.

Parts:
1 x Trunk lid liner: CV6Z-5446404-AA
3 x Fasteners: W703915-S300 (4 clips per bag)

Honestly, calling this a 'how-to' is probably a stretch. Place the liner on the underside of the lip, install the clips, and tighten down the screws. That's all there is to do.

This was the bare lid to start with:

Holding the liner in place, the release handle has to be fed through the opening first.

Around the perimeter there are the obvious holes into which the clips and screws are placed (you will have some left over).

Once they're tightened down, you're done and the trunk looks finished.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I'm continuing to add some content to the Mk3 section, hopefully you all don't mind. :)
Hell no we don't mind! Keep it coming!!!! You are really adding a lot of useful things here Bill.

Matt

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice work. Funny what they leave off base model cars, isn't it?
Have to cut costs somewhere. It's not so bad considering most people won't see it.

Hell no we don't mind! Keep it coming!!!! You are really adding a lot of useful things here Bill.

Matt
Alrighty then! Trying to help. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Twentieth, great idea! IMO this makes an excellent upgrade at a reasonable price. Thanks for the info!

I also installed mine on a 2013 SE sedan very easily. The only thing I would add is that the emergency egress handle can easily be removed by sliding out the keeper pin. The cable is then threaded through the round hole in the liner at that location. Once the handle is reattached, it presses into the adjacent slot for a neat stowing position. It's nice not to have it dangling every time the trunk lid is opened!:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts