Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a book, a online tutorial...somethign like that, that can teach me to program the pectel system? i want it, because i plan on having a pretty wild na motor soon, but i dont know how to use it, should i download the software, and read all the help files and read me files, or is tehre more i need to know?

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
i was looking over the software on my pectel, and it actually looks very user friendly...with a dyno and a wideband, it shouldnt be too bad

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you think just downloading it and reading all the help files and what not, be enough to get a basic understanding of it? it comes with base programs too right? so it can't be all that hard to change it every time you get a new mod right? like...get an exhaust and intake, add a bit more fuel..you know what i mean?

·
Registered
9 Posts
dont buy pectel it is too limited if you want a stand alone tec 3 is the way to go
the mass airflow meter is your downfall

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea...um...tec3 is definately not an option. It is expensive and hard to install. Pectel replaces the Mass Airflow with a MAP Sensor. which brings me to my next question. the cheapest i found pectel for is $2500. Is that as cheap as it goes? and about pectel, will reading the help files and readme files with the software be enough to learn it?

·
Registered
181 Posts
2500 is'nt bad for a pectel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts