1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ummmm.....oops.
I worried about this from the get-go.
Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Exhibit C

Damn it. I just got those too
The bottom wire is burnt all the way to the core. At night you can see it arcing of the turbo housing
. I'm gonna get some insulated aluminum wrap for the turbo housing from Jegs. And for more safety, some aluminum loom (like around the power steering hose) for those wires. And of course wires. I probably can just get away with the loom but my engine compartment gets blaz'n hot when the fans kick on. So I will try to hold the heat in with the turbo wrap.

Other than that, the car runs pretty good imo. A quick reminder to the new guys about my tuning setup

*Stock 19# injectors
*SVTF MAF
*Using the SCT module turned to the 87 octane program....but running BP 93 gas. No audible detonation whatsoever.
*4lbs. of boost

I'm still saving up for the Pro Package but in the meantime this works. I've got just over 500 miles with this stuff above. Not saying that it's super safe, but it will getcha down the road.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Yep on the LW. Best set I have EVER had!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
What site can we order them from? I will need those to once my turbo setup is complete.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
i would like to know what kind of turbo you arte using and where you got the manifold? i have a t3/t4 hybrid turbo and need a manifold to mount it it up too....please help!

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Check the mods list at the top of the forum. All manifold possiblilities are listed there, I believe.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I could be wrong, but I don't think you CAN keep a turbo cool. If it is about the air temperature, the intercooler will cool the charge.

If you mean for durability, I don't know.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was hoping that with the turbo wrapped it would hold heat inside the housing instead of radiating out...like what header wrap does. I'm gonna poke around the internet world some more. Almost looks like a can make one myself by the looks of that link you posted Gig
....red would look cool

1 - 14 of 14 Posts