Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to know if enyone could tell me what the whp would be with these mods:AEM short ram
FC TB
Diablo chip
magaflow Exaust
FC race header
off road pipes
FC UDP
Cam gears
stage 2 cam
i have first 4 thing on the list.

i just got beetin bye a friends stock GS-R .

[ 11-14-2002, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Graham ]

·
Registered
110 Posts
When I had the cat back. Intake,FC udp and jba headers i dynoed my car at 126hp 128tq

·
Registered
110 Posts
Dont think u gonna beat stock GS-R like that.. NO WAY!! Gotta get some extra work done....

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have dyno'd many foci from here on the jet and you are in luck b/c I have seen that combo dyno'd. With these parts:
FC TB
Diablo chip
magaflow Exaust
FC race header
The car netted 124 HP and 130 this was without cam gears and tuning.

If I were you I would pick up some kind of better breathing intake. Combined with a flexpipe, a UDP, cam gears(tunied)and say crane stage 2 cams you should see in the 133-138 HP range and mid 130's for torque #'s

Here is an example of my old mod list and dyno #'s for you to refer to.
Mods- Volant, Pro-M 70mm MAF, FC T/B, FC race header and flexpipe, Borla cat-back exhaust, FC cam gears, FC 3pc UDP and crower stage 2 cams.
146 HP and 139 lb/ft TQ

I am not saying to do what I did but it is a good combo that makes nice #'s. Also the powerband is not peaky but steadily climbs to 6600 RPM's where it plateaus, torque is also very smooth across the board.

-Jeff-

·
Registered
847 Posts
If I remember right (my friend has one) the GSRs running about 176hp (crank) with crappy torque?

With what you have now, you're still well below their power, but after adding the other stuff and having the gears and cams optimally tuned, you should EASILY beat a stock GSR.

I think you'll need the chip reprogrammed due to the gears and cams though, correct?

·
Registered
542 Posts
A regular chip is fine for his application, though he may want to have the idle speed raised so it is smooth. With the chip my idle is set at 1050, this is a good thing to do, with my crower 2 cams and the motor mount I have the idle wasn't very smooth.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Originally posted by Marction:

I think you'll need the chip reprogrammed due to the gears and cams though, correct?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Technically you should get it custom tuned anyways, but a regular chip won't hurt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts