garyk
seanmc
Hal
Penguini66
Egz

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I'd so love to have an orp for the nelson ring bmwcca event.

I also picked up 7 pilot sport cups in 225/45/17. Need to head back to beaverun and get under 1:10.

As it turns out, the guy I bought these off of had a s4, which was totalled by an instructor at watkins glen last year. He was the hand surgeon who put his hands up to brace himself as they were rolling and the one got completely mangled.

Leo had his 235/40/17 toyo's mounted on 8" rims on the front, and 7" rims on the back. My eyeball is telling me 8" is the minimum for front, and 9" would be ideal.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I'll be there.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Welcome back Jimmy.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Thanks. I am now living in a house, have a garage and on a dial up connection. The garage has a tire wall in it and all the stuff we tore out of the inside of the house. I hope it is clean in time for winter storage of the Focus.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Hyperfest Logistics

Safe to assume that we're camping in Gary's normal spot at Summit main?

When are folks planning on getting there? I'm probably taking the day off, and should get there 7-8ish. Looks like they're not going to allow us in before 6, btw.

I assume Kevin's bringing tons of lovely beer...

Eric and Gary have pop-ups...

Plenty of tools to go around...

What else?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Re: Hyperfest Logistics

Yep... beer for sure. Any style requests? Wheat beer maybe or stick with the big IPAs? I'm going to try and bring a 3.5gal keg of something, probably our Amarillo IPA and bottles of other stuff. I think Shannon is coming again. Do we need/can we have, grills and such?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts

Eight reasons why Kevin has a great job:

Seventy-Six: Our first bottled, summer seasonal will be for sale by the end of June. This strong India Pale Ale is brewed with all Centennial hops which gives it a citrus character. In addition, sweet orange peel is added at the end of the boil. The grain bill is 100% English pale ale malt. 100 IBU's. OG 1.076

Hippie I.P.A: The Hippie I.P.A. continues to be the Buckeye Brewing Company’s best selling beer. First brewed in the summer of ’98, the “Hippie” has become a Cleveland classic among hop lovers. Reminiscent of ales brewed on the Pacific west coast, the Hippie I.P.A. is big, rich in malt and chock full of hops. American malts are used in the grain bill, including pale ale, crystal, dextrin malt and torrified wheat. It is hopped five times with a combination of Northern Brewer and Cascade. After fermentation, hops are added “dry” to impart bold hop aroma. The Hippie starts at 1.068 and is 80 IBU’s.

Czech Pilsner: This crisp, classic lager is brewed with 100% Saaz hops. The grain bill consists of pilsner and Munich malt. It starts at 1.050. and is approximately 45 IBU’s. It is fermented at 50° F for approximately 21 days and then lagered for one month. Saaz hops are also added “dry” to impart aroma.

Martian Marzen Lager: The Martian Marzen Lager falls under the Octoberfest/Marzen style. A wonderful caramel sweetness and aroma best describes this smooth, full-bodied beer. Hallertau hops are used for bittering and flavor. Pilsner, Munich, crystal and chocolate malts are mashed at 154°F. The Martian is fermented with Bavarian lager yeast at 50°F for approximately 21 days. Check out our new Martian T-shirts!

Vanilla Bean Porter: The Buckeye Brewing Company is proud to present our newest ale for the year 2002. The Vanilla Bean Porter is a dark, rich, semi-sweet ale full of malt and chocolate character. Pure Madagascar vanilla is added to compliment this tasty desert beer. European malts and hops are used in the brew. The Vanilla Bean Porter is one of only a few Buckeye products packaged in a 12 ounce bottle. The Vanilla Bean Porter will be a favorite for those who like dark, rich and complex ales.

Wheat Cloud: This is a German-style Hefe-Weizen. These ales are cloudy, estery, sweetish and exceptionally quaffable in the summer. Perhaps you notice a banana aroma; the yeast does that. The grain bill consists of 60% German wheat malt with rest being a combination of pilsner and Munich. It starts at 1.055 and is approximately 18 IBU's. Look for the Wheat Cloud to be bottled in early August as our late summer seasonal.

Sierra Blanca: Another wheat beer, but this time with Belgian characteristics. The Sierra Blanca is a Wit beer flavored with coriander and sweet orange peel. They tend to be tangy, tart, thirst quenching ales. The grain bill is 50% pilsner, 50% wheat malt. The Sierra Blanca has an original gravity of 1.050 and is approximately 20 IBU’s.

Cleveland Lager: The “Cleveland” is our newest addition to the family. Not as bitter as the Czech Pilsner, and with hop character coming from Hallertau rather than Saaz. The grain bill is mostly English pale with a touch of crystal. It starts at 1.050 and is approximately 35 IBU’s. It is fermented at 50° F for about 21 days, and then lagered a few more weeks on the dry-hops.
I wouldn't mind adding some new beers to the mix, myself (yes, I was planning on chipping in since I never bring beer)...

My votes: Sierra Blanca, Cleveland Lager or Czech Pilsner, Hippy IPA or Amarillo IPA.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts

you have never brought beer? PIKER! btw, squirt is safely at kearney..john jury rigged a fix for p/s before i left....

·
Registered
1,889 Posts

Well, a couple sixes here and there, some cash...but never Kevin / Gary amounts of beer. I don't want to haul it all that distance, and by the time I get there, you're all stocked up. I blame the, ahem - *frugal* Scottish blood.

So John already has the ps well in hand? Excellent. Joe's going to enjoy himself...

EDIT -

Do we need/can we have, grills and such?
IIRC, yes we can have grills. I can't find anything that says yes or no on Summit's flashy-but-slow website, and NASA doesn't mention anything, nor have they posted supplemental regs yet. All I've got is a Weber kettle, so it ain't so portable...

·
Registered
3,661 Posts

i am bringing small propane grill....so we can gril the hippie some veggies...and keep in mind the inexpensive good mexicano place....

·
Registered
3,661 Posts

Safe to assume that we're camping in Gary's normal spot at Summit main?

When are folks planning on getting there? I'm probably taking the day off, and should get there 7-8ish. Looks like they're not going to allow us in before 6, btw.

I assume Kevin's bringing tons of lovely beer...

Eric and Gary have pop-ups...

Plenty of tools to go around...

What else?
yes x marks the spot...

·
Registered
2,615 Posts

Rename Camp [FJ] it Focus Ghetto

I will bring the Webber Grill.

I’ll also be taking the day off so I can be there anytime

Garry are you still going to McNews that day?

·
Registered
3,661 Posts

yes to mcnews....dropped car off yesterday at kearney..will pick it up thursday after lunch and head for eric's...

·
Registered
2,910 Posts

Wheat beer would be most excellent for summer drinking.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts

yes to mcnews....dropped car off yesterday at kearney..will pick it up thursday after lunch and head for eric's...
Ok cool I'll meet you up there and we can hang out then head to the track.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts