Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hyperwings\' CF hood...

The shop just received it today. I went and took a look and the quality seems good. It came precut for nozzles, the underside is very smooth and clean, and the weave appears tight and straight (just like I like my women--well, some of 'em!).

NOW...just need to get the Fo up there to install it and see how the biotch fits. They told me if there was any reason I didn't like the hood (w/in reason of course), they'd ship it back w/ full refund.

Has anyone had experience with this brand? They are sold through Hyperwings, but made by M & O International.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Re: Hyperwings\' CF hood...

Installing a hood only takes like 5-10 minutes.

I didn't have any friends around to help assist me. I didn't want to damage any fenders trying to get the stock hood off so put big towels over the cowling and I it it rest there after I unbolted it.

Then I lay myself Inside the engine bay and let it fall onto my back, then I step back... Quite an unplesant task. I hope you have a friend, wife, or girlfriend that'll give you a hand.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Ummm... I've done hoods multiple times, I was just asking about the QUALITY of the FITMENT. Such as fender gaps, latch placement, etc.

BTW, I forgot to mention, it came with a new latch-thingy to bolt into the hood.

Rusty

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Hey man, if you can't hang with the lingo, you'd better get out of the business.

Here, maybe this'll be better for you: They sent different turbines and gears for the induction implement that safely bonds the bonnet to the the chassis steel subframe so... the hood don't blow off the damn car.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts

OOoh! Turbines and gears! What do you SPI guys put under your hoods these days...or should I say "bonnets"?

·
Banned
1,031 Posts

Here, maybe this'll be better for you: They sent different turbines and gears for the induction implement that safely bonds the bonnet to the the chassis steel subframe so... the hood don't blow off the damn car.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts

Tin, how is this going? And about how much did it run you. I just found out yesterday that the scratch in my hood is to deep. Of course i find this out right before jetfest.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Um, it's the nicest cf hood I've seen in person. It fit beautifully! I honestly couldn't believe how well this went down. All I had to do was drill out the holes for the windshield washer clips.

I got the hood for $380.00 after tax. The shop is newer and are trying to get some product out that can be attributed to them. After some nosy questions, the owner told me that he was making only about $10.00 on it.

SOOOO... I told him that after some people at JetFest see it, they may be interested in a group buy. Now, if that'd work out, the group buy wouldn't be for the cost I got it at, but it'd still be a good price. He just told me to bring a number of people interested and then we could work out the details later.

Pics after JetFest!

Rusty

·
Registered
584 Posts

I highly doubt he is making a $10. profit on the hood. If he is then he's a complete moron. I think he BS'd ya!

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Well, as the story goes, the manufacturers were having a sale, and when I originally went in to look for hoods, I spoke to his son. Well apparently, he'd told his son to go extra low if anyone came in to look. According to the owner (the father), his son went too low.

BUT either way, I feel I got a hell of a deal. I told them I needed a CF hood in less than a week, and they not only got it in time, but it was awesome quality and they let me use their tools and shop to install it. I put $200.00 down, and told them I wanted to put it on the car in their presence, so if it didn't fit well, I could send it back and they were more than willing. Didn't pay them until it was on securely and ready to roll out.

I don't care if it cost them $5.00 and they charged me that much, it's an awesome hood and I'm very happy.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts

were the pictures?
lol
Yeah, why haven't you posted any? Must be the same reason i haven't.......JF

I gotta do something with my hood.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Yeah, I wasn't intending on posting any pics until after JF05.

Zdunfee-- are you going to be at JF? If so, we can talk more about a possible group buy there. I want people to see this hood in person, and I'll post nice closeup pics after JF05 for the people who COULDN'T see it in person.

This thing is beautiful!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts