Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, Saturday me and the wife got rid of the focus. Reliability problems and work that was gonna have to be done in the near future forced us too. There was some bad grinding noises coming from the transaxle and we didn't wanna deal with it. So we got rid of it and we are now the proud owners of an MR2 spyder

Its fun and while i loved how my focus handled after suspention work it cant make up for the RWD of this car. My focus was one of the first US ones and was manufacturered in 99. It was the red one and i believe i was first to have the euro grills. Its been fun, Farewell everyone.

[ 05-04-2003, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: Cozmo85 ]

·
Registered
227 Posts
You did exactly what I've been considering. Luckily my most recent spate of repairs was somehow covered for free, so I've decided to hold on to the Focus for now. I suggest you visit spyderchat.com if you haven't already. The people can be a bit crotchety but they are also well versed in the car and the aftermarket parts for it. Sweet ride - great choice!

[ 05-04-2003, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: proxemac ]

·
Registered
227 Posts
Originally posted by AnythingButAFocus:
half of my leg couldn't fit in one of those things.

You sure you can fit good in it?

Andrew
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Have you tried one out? I'm 6'5" and my only complaint is that the door handle sticks out too much, so I'm hoping they add a telescopic steering column or make the wheel or handles smaller. Otherwise good legroom, good headroom. I'm pretty sure I can even fit a helmet on with the top up, though I wouldn't want to hit any major bumps.

[ 05-04-2003, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: proxemac ]

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i fit into it great
the car wraps around you and is quite nice. Me and my wife have no problems. Ill prob stick around from time to time. i got a diablochip to sell in the near future so ill have to stick around a little bit.
Yea, i checked spyderchat. Good forums, ive been reading up more na dmore.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Originally posted by proxemac:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by AnythingButAFocus:
half of my leg couldn't fit in one of those things.

You sure you can fit good in it?

Andrew
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Have you tried one out? I'm 6'5" and my only complaint is that the door handle sticks out too much, so I'm hoping they add a telescopic steering column or make the wheel or handles smaller. Otherwise good legroom, good headroom. I'm pretty sure I can even fit a helmet on with the top up, though I wouldn't want to hit any major bumps.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah, I tried to fit in it. My knee caught on the bottom of the steering column and I gave up there.

Andrew

Edit for spelling

[ 05-04-2003, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: AnythingButAFocus ]

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Nice looking MR2 Spyder and color choice Cozmo85 enjoy

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Brandon - TX:
has the paddle shifting model made it out yet?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">theres not a paddle shifter model. there is a true SMT 6spd available with shifting on the floor or via steering wheel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts