Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First thing I noticed is that the car drives much smoother and NO STUMBLE
I used some roofing copper that I found at a jobsite. there's two bolts that hold it inplace to a pipe that runs to the intake, un-did it took the gasget and shapped the copper to it, and put it back togetter..

Marco

[ 02-19-2003, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: Low Focus ]

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
still connected to your exhaust?

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
any more power???

·
Registered
727 Posts
What exactly do you need to do to remove. I know you have to remove the tube from the exhaust, the EGR itself and plug the holes on the exhaust and intake, but what about the DPFE (however its called) and small little vac. tubes???

Thx!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
well other then the egr being pluged in to the intake and exhaust manifolds it there is i think 2 support bolts that have to be taken off and then you need to take the sensor off from were it is and leave it pluged up...just lay it in the engine bay or zip tie it to something. Also the little hose thats attatched to the silver disk looking thing just take a screw and plug it up and thats it. You will be supprised how much room it frees up.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I left the sensor hooked up I just blocked Off the egr to the pipe thats go's the the intake..

No cell

Marco

·
Registered
712 Posts
Originally posted by Low Focus:
I left the sensor hooked up I just blocked Off the egr to the pipe thats go's the the intake..

No cell

Marco
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thats what I did. And when it comes time for emissions, it still looks as though its hooked up.

I didnt do it to remove the stumble, I have a turbo, and it was bleeding off boost through the tiny holes on the bottom (not anymore baby!)

L8r

BJ

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
So it still is connected to the exhaust part, just blocked on the intake side?

what are the benefits of this?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did this cause I was sick of the stumble at 2000rpm Now thats fixed I'm happier than a kid at Christmas. The car just drives better.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So it still is connected to the exhaust part, just blocked on the intake side?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

Do you see the copper.
Marco

[ 02-19-2003, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: Low Focus ]

·
Car Czar of Death
4,784 Posts
i plan on making a complete EGR removal Kit.

consisting of:

1 22mm bolt for heh header end.
1 aluminum plate with gasket for the intake manifold end.
3 little rubber caps to block off the 2 dpfe sensor ports, and the one EGR sensor port on the firewall.

let me know what you think

Chris

[ 02-20-2003, 08:26 AM: Message edited by: CTZX3 ]

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Originally posted by CTZX3:
i plan on making a complete EGR removal Kit.

consisting of:

1 22mm bolt for heh header end.
1 aluminum plate with gasket for the intake manifold end.
3 little rubber caps to block off the 2 dpfe sensor ports, and the one EGR sensor port on the firewall.

let me know what you think

Chris
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'd hit it.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Originally posted by Pimp27:
I would purchase something like that. I'm lazy and its too much work to go search for the right parts yourself.

Eric
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">meeee tooo, sounds like a good idea, work us up a pri....eeeerrr PM I mean...hehe

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
by blocking the egr the car runs and drives better, this system is the weak link to this car.

I have no cell, and I love it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts