Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, ive been lurking on this board for ages, not many posts, but lots of views. I have always wanted a focus ever since they came out, the zx3.

I went to the dealer almost bought a brand new one, all I wanted was a base model with ONLY a sunroof, but i couldent do that.

So i kept car shopping and the last thing I looked at was a Scion xB. Man these cars are pretty cool, all the standard options is incredible, and for the price I dont think you can beat it.

All in all I really wish i could have bought a focus, but the haggle free pricing and standard options, and everything else is where I am right now.

sorry its so long, but now for the question, as outsiders how do you view the xB? <font color="red"> *I am wearing my flame suit *</font>

btw, this is not my car, just the same color one.

·
Not so Photo Master
6,625 Posts
I didn't really like them till I saw how small they were in real life. they're pretty cool

·
Registered
119 Posts
personally i never liked em...but at the same time, after running turbo, nitrous, and messin with a bunch of other stuff on the focus...im about to trade my car in for something else. The xB kinda grew on me though after some time. I dont know if I'd personally buy one but that's just me. If i were to get a scion, i'd be more of a tC person i think. If you get one though, congrats on the new ride...theyre not bad at all in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The only flaming you might get is from people who think this belongs in PitStop, but I'm not one of those people.

Nice car, I like the xB.

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
Not enough Wheaties, but an efficient use of space.

Can't touch the Focus's chassis dynamics, though.

I hope you can find a website as cool as [FJ] is for the Scion, but that'll be hard to do.

Enjoy your new transpo unit.

·
Banned
10,374 Posts
Almost got one, but grossly underpowered IMO.

Perfect for an ultra-utility + ICE factory. I had plans to put in an extra laptop LCD I had as a flip down display for DVDs and PS2 games and a sweet hidden audio system (subwoofer in the spare area with spare-delete).

Was going to get one perhaps in white and play on the boxy shape and ICE inside by getting an "ICE BOX" or "1C3 B0X" or whatever was available license plate, and theme the car accordingly (find some glass icicles or something like that with blue fiberoptics to make them glow, etc).

But Toyota needs a bigger four banger. Its not well suited to the highways I'd be using it on 99% of the time. Waiting for the t2B which is supposed to improve aerodynamics, power, and still keep the general ueber-utility shape (minus the star-trek concept interior I hope heh).

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
Time for a 2.3 Duratec & trans swap; and while you're at it, why not the entire front subframe and suspension?

Hell, do the whole xB box on Focus chassis bits.

Track width might be too wide though; dunno.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you get one though, congrats on the new ride
I already purchased it, just waiting for it to arrive to my dealership from japan.

sorry I didnt mention it already, it is a 5 speed blue onyx pearl xB.

Options i purchased:
-Illuminating cupholders
-blue neon enhancments (where your feet go on both sides)
-doorsill inhancments
-strut bar
-cargo cover

I think thats it, all for 16k with tax

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
yea they kind of grow on me to, and to each his own but to me all scion owners seem ****y for the most part...esp. the TC owners....my one old friend has a XA which he already managed to wreck b/c he thought on a wet day it would be fun to spin through second then start sliding towards a curb then lock up the brakes like a idiot....anyways it's back now and apparently that stock 1.6 he has is going to be able to beat my turbo focus...in conclusion most scion owners are just that smart...i also know a TC owner...his tc w/ a intake and underbody neons and a sound system that needs dynamated terribly is going to destroy me....
i would love to see either of them try.....go ahead try me

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
I love the Scion. To me it's as unique as the Focus was when it first came out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
anyways it's back now and apparently that stock 1.6 he has is going to be able to beat my turbo focus
Hahaha, these cars minus the tc are very under powered, but its efficent, 31 city and 35 hw in a box? who woulda thought.

I love the look, just like the focus was ugly to me at first i gre to love it, same with the xB

during my test drive (with my young bro in the back) i was of course paying attention to the road, after my bro gets out and comes up and says, "I can't believe how many people were staring". its unique for now.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I love those cars. It's a car that everyone will stare at when they see one in a parking lot. You really can not beat the price on those things. The interior is very roomy, and they're fun cars. It's not as fast as a focus, but who the hell cares. It's not like the focus is a speed demon anyway.

If I had to buy a car today, I'd get the scion. Simply because I dislike the new 2005 foci.

I always liked the xB, but I thought the xA was ugly. There's a guy with a modified xA, which changed my mind though. It looks totally sweet.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
ducman said it, but didn't emphasize it enough...

G R O S S L Y.... underpowered!

To be marketed as a "tuner" car and have so little power is kinda sad. But on the flip side, I am still considering picking one up because of the excellent gas mileage

·
White Elephant Husband
3,222 Posts
I have always liked them, and I dont like Toyotas... You state that they come with some cool options, etc; the one they DONT come with is any power.

Yours looks pretty sharp. I would black out the taillights.

·
Registered
111 Posts
To quote myself from my own website:

This is the normal range my xB's tach sees daily driving.

I still get 30mpg. Don't be jealous
Congrats on the xB, I sold my 01 ZX3 for it and haven't looked back since! (bad experiance with the ZX3, lets just say the Fuel Pump problems + driving home from AZ in 120deg heat didn't mix very well at all...)

Here's another pic of mine for maximum whoreage :p

Enjoy it man (and buy an armrest for it from Carson Scion when it gets delivered, best $80 you'll spend on the car ever)!

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
No Personal flames, but the car is a Lunchbox on wheels.
The Best mod would be to play it up and put a big handle on the roof, along w/ a KISS paintjob on the sides.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
No way i would be able to go from a focus to a box, the paint on my focus could turn pink but i wouldnt trade it for Xb. Plus it isnt even an upgrade from a focus, every car will have a problem sooner or later. I need atleast 100 whp anyways! I could do a tc though.....

1 - 20 of 51 Posts