Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can\'t get my fog lights to work?

I thought someone told me that I have to do some kind of special wiring for these fog lights but I can't remember. The fog lights are for a european bumper. See pic. Can someone help me out. Thanks.

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
Re: I can\'t get my fog lights to work?

what did you (or, brett, actually?) do to the connectors for the original fog lights?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I'm not sure what he did, but I think they just tried to connect them to the new fogs and they won't work for some reason. The turn signals work just fine so I don't know.

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts

1) Check for voltage at the stock wires coming from the car (with ignition in "run" and fog switch on).

Yes) Check the connection to the fog lights, check resistance of wires going into fog lights. If the connections are tight and the circuit is good, then I dunno what's wrong. Check the connections again. If there's infinite resistance, the bulbs might be burned out or a wire is damaged going into the fogs.

No Voltage) Go to 2.

2) Check fuse.

Fuse Burned) If fuse is burned, replace it and try again. If the fuse continues to blow, then there may be a short, or it's possible the fog light bulbs are too much load for the circuit, and you should consider hooking them up via a relay that's meant for the kinds of load the bulbs create.

Fuse Intact) Your fog switch or the wiring going to the fog light connections is messed up somewhere. If the "Fog" indicator illuminates on your fog switch, then the switch is most likely okay. Wiring damage is difficult to isolate, so you should probably take it to the shop if you want to find the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts