Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don\'t understand people (Jerk in traffic story)

Well I had to deal with a jerk-off yesterday driving home. I was driving down a lightly traveled, two lane each way road going home yesterday from work. I'm behind a car in the left lane because I have a turn not to far up the road.

Well this guy in a late-model, gray GM fullsize pickup cuts right in front of me from the right lane next to me, slams on the brakes and turns on the signal (which I'll give him props for that at least)...and stops right in front of me to wait for his turn.

All this happens very quickly so I cut back into his former lane as I honk the horn and kept going. Bare in mind that I didn't flip him off, do a 10 minute honk, or anything of that nature. And I was actually calm about it. I just got back over into the lane I needed and happily motored on.

I look up in the mirror and see his cut back into traffic and flies up to get behind me. Now, I have a bit of a temper when it comes to arseholes and driving, but I'm trying to turn over a new leaf so I just ignore him and keep driving even though he's tailgating pretty close. Then he pulls even with me in the right lane. Alright, I've had enough of this B.S. so I roll down the passenger window and utter the phrase that no good has ever come from "ay buddy, you got a problem?" He starts bitching about me honking the horn, blah blah blah.

I start saying things that would make his mother weap if she heard it about her son and, low and behold, the light turns red at this busy intersection. *Now here is the part that I know is stupid, and no one here should do* but I get out of the car. Just leave it running with the door open (yes, stupid). I walk over to his pickup and it's some weinee looking 40 something year old guy with glasses who suddenly becomes really meak with me at the door. (And I'm not 6-5 and 300lbs or anything) I tell him he needs to shut the **** up since he cut me off and stopped. He really has nothing to say other than trying to tell me to get back in my car. After berating him for awhile longer I just pat him on the sholder twice and said "whatever sweetheart" (which for some reason sounds pretty funny to me now), and walk back to the car as he peels away.

I had to vent here guys. At least I didn't punch him between the eyes (which I had a hard time not doing), but I shouldn't have gotten out of the car. I just don't understand why he got so pissed...when he's the one that cut me off and stopped. Why did he get so bent out of shape because I honked at him? If I do something stupid out there I'm the first to give the "My bad, I'm an idiot" signal back.

[ 04-09-2003, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: seminole_kev ]

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Re: I don\'t understand people (Jerk in traffic story)

LOLOL!!!

good for you man! people tend to be complete ****ing pricks sometimes and need to realize that.

it's good you didn't hit him.. but he needed to open his eyes.

just cause he's got a truck doesn't make him a tough guy.

G

·
0 Posts

The Sweetheart comment had me cracking up.

·
Banned
6,369 Posts

Yep, we've all had those days. It's good to vent.

Also you are right, don't ever get out of your car. Just act like nothing happened and ignor him next time, I know it's hard to do. Just crank up your stereo and be glad you can spend a few more minutes in your Focus at that red light.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

xerofall - yeah, I know. Stupid. Hard to control my temper at times. Could have just as easily had my head blown off.

Still, the more I think about all those people sitting there at the stop light watching me call this guy "sweetheart", while patting his shoulder like he's my pal, the more I laugh. Yes I'm weird.

[ 04-09-2003, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: seminole_kev ]

·
Registered
2,269 Posts

that is hilarious....oh that definately made my day and im trying to make it through class after drinking last night

·
Registered
49 Posts

every time i read something like this, i'm reminded of the guy that pointed his 9mm at me for what he felt was cutting him off.

now for the funny part:
at the next red light he got out, walked up to my car and started mouthing. i asked if he brought his gun, he said no (along with some other choice words). light turned green, i just said "not too bright are you dumba**" and left him standing in the middle of the road.

still makes me think 2x before telling someone they're #1. nuts are everywhere

·
Registered
688 Posts

Good for you
. Calling him sweetheart probably made him crap his pants

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I just still don't understand people who get furious when the are the one that did something wrong. And the thing is, I didn't do anything but honk the horn briefly. You'd thought I'd anally raped his mother while poring sugar in his gas tank (much props to CLERKS) by the way he acted. Ah well.

·
Registered
42 Posts

LOL

Good job Kev.
All these drivers in OKC drive me nuts. I used to get way bent out of shape over it but now I am pretty calm, my fiance on the other hand seems to be getting worse. hehehe. She must have learned my bad habits and kept'em when I lost'em.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Hey Sooner, it was at the intersection of N.W. 122nd and Rockwell if you know where that's at in OKC. By the way, since you posted about SVT Foci in another topic, drove by Prestige Ford about 20 minutes ago and they have a red 5-door SVT Focus out front. Looks just like my red ZX5 save some goodies.

Anyway, back on topic, Guy jerk, deserve punching, me at least not do that, glad me no get head blown off.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts

See.. That's fine if you are a 6'5" 300 lbs guy.

I'd be the loser in the pickup... 5'10" 180lbs guy.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts

that sucks, people can't drive and they think its your fault.

·
Registered
764 Posts

We can't do that here in SoCal. You'll end up with a bullet between the eyes.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Hell, everyone here seems to be packing, but they generally have to be drunk before they kill their neighbors and relatives in an argument.

·
Registered
38 Posts

Amazing how people will do stuff on the road and then get ticked at you...like it's your fault they can't drive!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I must not be alone in my problems since this topic here echos many of the same things.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Ugh, I've driven through Houston once. Terrible traffic. That said, the traffic here is nothing like that. This guy had all day to do that behind me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts