Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i f\'ed up!

ok. last week we got a ton of rain and so of course i was bein very cautious in the rain. well finally the rain ended and i figured it was ok to return to my normal driving. so im goin over my friends house and not even payin attention i hit a wet area and my car slides into a curb, jumps it, takes out 2 road signs and lands on the other side. the only thing that is wrong with my car is a scratch on my front bumper (those bumpers can take alot!) and i broke my coolant fan (if thats what you call it). my question is, are there any adverse effects to driving with that being inoperable? it somestimes kicks on but grinds against somethin real back cause it is just tied on there. also, how much would this part be from the dealership? the junk yard is sayin 125! so yea...are there any adverse effects and how much should this part be? thanks

·
Registered
763 Posts
Re: i f\'ed up!

You can drive with out a fan but you need to keep a eye on the gauge if it gets ubove normal pull over and let it cool, oh and the price not sure but alot of $$$ sounds right

·
Registered
2,538 Posts

did it bust both? if it only busted the drivers side one you can get away with turning your a/c on and driving very easily, with your a/c on it kicks the 2nd fan on.

But i would still highly discourage driving without a fan

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

well i know atleast one kicks on at times and maybe even both. the temp gauge actually doesnt even go up until they do turn on but then it goes up and right back down. my temp gauge is messed up anyway so i dont know how hot my engine is
but i pretty much have to drive my car. i definately havent been driving any where near as hard as i did before so hopefully things will be ok until i can get it replaced! i will have to order it tomorrow and then my friends dad is helpin me put it in

·
Registered
160 Posts

i wanted to point this out ... make sure that the fan isn't hitting the radiator ... thats a bad thing it happened to my dad my car i think ford might be asking like 300 for a new set of fans

1 - 7 of 7 Posts