Ford Focus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ZX3 and this kid in my english class was talkin smack about the focus sayin how an Acura Integra would piss on the focus. I said hell kno even with the same bolt ons! give me ur guys opinion.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Depends which Integra and which mods. My roomate drives a prelude and Ive promised him that by spring my ZX5 will take him on the straight and in the curves, and for less $ in mods

[email protected]

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
ur wiser 2 not even engage in pissin contests w/silly lil school boyz whom consensus show usually think their cars run faster w/"NOS" 'than' gas.

-Ult

[ 11-21-2002, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

·
Registered
490 Posts
this kid in my class always calls my car the ****us. when i get tom's turbo kit i will show him.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
If it's a non-vtec teg...then with just those mods, you have a good chance.
Otherwise if it's gsr ,all you'll see is his rear end

·
Registered
210 Posts
The Honda folks know there stuff. They have done alot with small bore engines ( ever notice the size of there stock exhaust dia.? what is that 3/4"?) Motorcycles, do I need to mention that? And if your a Harly fan Shut the [email protected]^* up!!!!!!. But the Zetec has them shakeing in there booots. Their scrambling to figure out what makes the focus hot! FOCUS(stock, 1 7/8"exhaust dia.).We've got much more room for improvement! Im a guy who would have never bought a Ford (oh oh). Ive been Driving IPD euqiped Volvo's(interesting Volvo now owned by Ford) and riding BMW motorcycles for years. To put it simply im imprtessed with my ZX3!!!!!!!!!! Good bang for the buck!!!!!!!

[ 11-21-2002, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: bugshack ]

·
Registered
93 Posts
seriously?

mod for mod just about any Integra is going to be a bit faster. as said before, especially a GS-R. you could do a bunch of bolt-ons and lose to a good driver in a stock GS-R.

don't underestimate the non-VTEC Integras. they can get a set of Crower cams just as easily as we can.

not gettin pissy, just telling it how it is...

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
The BASE Integra RS is pretty much a wash with the ZX-3. But I'd have to give the nod to the integra, just because I don't think stock for stock, it's going to run out of breath past 5500 RPM's like the ZX-3 does.

It would be close, however UltegraSTI said it best... it's just wise to not even engage in those types of discussions. It's that kind of talk that really what gives the JDM boys a bad rap.

·
Registered
284 Posts
i've raced a integra (90-93 model), All i got is exaust, and the guy had at least intake and exaust, we raced 3x and it's a driver's race, whoever get's the better launch will win the battle.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I should have cleared it up that my theory stands for good condition Integras. Obviously, 90-93 'tegs have a bit of age on our Focus'. That 'teg you ran could have 100+k on his odometer.

Also, don't let the Honda guys fool you... some of them just can't drive. (especially if they have Altezzas!!!
)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Originally posted by belacyrf:
But I'd have to give the nod to the integra, just because I don't think stock for stock, it's going to run out of breath past 5500 RPM's like the ZX-3 does.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You are correct. The 'tegs can redline without worrying about hitting a fuel cutoff!!!

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
And when we start swaping the Zetec out for the Duratec.....

I have two Honda buddies at work. They've been watching the Duratec story very close with me. Both are looking for new cars. Both are looking at a Focus with the 2.3.

This engine won't run out of breath at 5500.

This motor IS the icing on our cake.

[ 11-22-2002, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: Phillip ]

·
Registered
799 Posts
i think for top end power, the focus has got it definitely or especially after 3rd gear and thats it civic killed. of course some hatchbacks are quick light to light, but take it down the highway and you'll kill them easily...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.