Ford Focus Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I got in an argument today....

1K views 32 replies 30 participants last post by  Ducman69 
#1 ·
I have a ZX3 and this kid in my english class was talkin smack about the focus sayin how an Acura Integra would piss on the focus. I said hell kno even with the same bolt ons! give me ur guys opinion.

See less See more
#9 ·
If it's a non-vtec teg...then with just those mods, you have a good chance.
Otherwise if it's gsr ,all you'll see is his rear end

#11 ·
The Honda folks know there stuff. They have done alot with small bore engines ( ever notice the size of there stock exhaust dia.? what is that 3/4"?) Motorcycles, do I need to mention that? And if your a Harly fan Shut the F@^* up!!!!!!. But the Zetec has them shakeing in there booots. Their scrambling to figure out what makes the focus hot! FOCUS(stock, 1 7/8"exhaust dia.).We've got much more room for improvement! Im a guy who would have never bought a Ford (oh oh). Ive been Driving IPD euqiped Volvo's(interesting Volvo now owned by Ford) and riding BMW motorcycles for years. To put it simply im imprtessed with my ZX3!!!!!!!!!! Good bang for the buck!!!!!!!

[ 11-21-2002, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: bugshack ]

#13 ·
seriously?

mod for mod just about any Integra is going to be a bit faster. as said before, especially a GS-R. you could do a bunch of bolt-ons and lose to a good driver in a stock GS-R.

don't underestimate the non-VTEC Integras. they can get a set of Crower cams just as easily as we can.

not gettin pissy, just telling it how it is...

#14 ·
The BASE Integra RS is pretty much a wash with the ZX-3. But I'd have to give the nod to the integra, just because I don't think stock for stock, it's going to run out of breath past 5500 RPM's like the ZX-3 does.

It would be close, however UltegraSTI said it best... it's just wise to not even engage in those types of discussions. It's that kind of talk that really what gives the JDM boys a bad rap.

#16 ·
I should have cleared it up that my theory stands for good condition Integras. Obviously, 90-93 'tegs have a bit of age on our Focus'. That 'teg you ran could have 100+k on his odometer.

Also, don't let the Honda guys fool you... some of them just can't drive. (especially if they have Altezzas!!!
)

#18 ·
And when we start swaping the Zetec out for the Duratec.....

I have two Honda buddies at work. They've been watching the Duratec story very close with me. Both are looking for new cars. Both are looking at a Focus with the 2.3.

This engine won't run out of breath at 5500.

This motor IS the icing on our cake.

[ 11-22-2002, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: Phillip ]

#21 ·
Originally posted by chris_k:
i think for top end power, the focus has got it definitely or especially after 3rd gear and thats it civic killed. of course some hatchbacks are quick light to light, but take it down the highway and you'll kill them easily...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You mean the 1/4 mile highway at the race track right

#23 ·
Honda and Acuras are Notorious for their crapy torque. so off the line..some of you guys have agood chance but....a simple I/H/E would put some of you foci owners out of business...if it the integ is old school nd has no VTEC with the I/H/E combo...and you have the I/H/E combo also you kick his ass...but if is a new model you may not have what it gots.....the two biggest things that matter are:
1. you driving skills (good shifting)
2. your mods( a good I/H/E combo is a good start)

#25 ·
Originally posted by ExcelSi:
Honda and Acuras are Notorious for their crapy torque. so off the line..some of you guys have agood chance but....a simple I/H/E would put some of you foci owners out of business...if it the integ is old school nd has no VTEC with the I/H/E combo...and you have the I/H/E combo also you kick his ass...but if is a new model you may not have what it gots.....the two biggest things that matter are:
1. you driving skills (good shifting)
2. your mods( a good I/H/E combo is a good start)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">totally agree

it comes down to the driver:
he could have 50 more hp/torq, but if he cant drive worth ish, chances are ur gonna win...
all that power only works if u know how to use it!...

#26 ·
I dont know why so many Focus owners want to drag their cars...arent are gears a tad too tall for the strip? If you want to make his ass look drippy, then take him to an auto-x course or somewhere twisty (and legal for the Jet). We know whats up with Foci, and thats turning ability...

I am not saying thay one of my goals isnt making her faster, straighter......but truth be told, shes better in the corners fellas...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.