Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I can't stop typing...I can't stop typing...I can'
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was ridding in my friends mustang, wile he was driving around for fun. (He has a heavily modified 5.0 mustang with a LOUD exhaust, Its one of 3 cars he has, and this one is his project car, he rarely takes it out. He JUST got the car fixed LAST week from someone sliding into his car over the winter. He went up this one hill kinda fast to make sure he cleared the light. Once up the hill he saw there was some traffic ahead, so he slowed down. There was a old beat up explorer with a Spanish women driving it that was making a right on red off the highway. Instead of turning into the right hand lane she turning across THREE lanes of traffic. My friend lays on the horn and slams on the breaks it seams like she starts to straighten out and get out of the way but in the end she kept coming into the lane. My friend was now pinched between the 4th lane on his left with a bunch of cars waiting to get on the highway, and the explorer; simply out of room my friend couldn't avoid the explorer. He comes to a stop right in front of the explorer, and then a newer white explorer pulls up along the right of my friends car. She starts yelling she a cop, she saw my friend speeding up the hill and he was in trouble, she paid NO attention to the accident. As this women in the white explorer was yelling at my friend (and he was listening because she "clamed" to be a cop) the women in the black explorer just turned onto the highway and ran away, before we could even get a plate. Then my friend pulls off to the side road to get out of the way, and 2 undercover/off duty cops pull up and try to find out why the women in the white explorer was yelling, and the find out she claming he was speeding. THEY didn't notice the crash either! One of the undercover cops called in to get an on duty cop to come, and then left before the marked car came. The other cop took about 20 minutes to get there. When the marked car came the officer immediately asked for the license plate, and when my friend said he couldn't get a plate, the officer went into a lecture about how "a plate is like a fingerprint, and without it you can't catch a car" My friend then asked if the cop would at least put out an alert to the state troopers on the highway, and all the officer said is "how many state troopers do you think are on the highway? About Two" he then went on to lecture about getting a plate. My friend said well can't you give them a description so at least if they see a speeding explorer there is a chance to catch them. The cop then said "there were not whiteness so there was no description of the car. My friend then yelled "What about me I SAW THE CAR" and again the cop cut him off and didn't call it in and kept lecturing. My friends dad then showed up and yelled why the cop wasn't doing more, and all he said is "he deals with 35 of these a week and the other person never gets caught" In the end they didn't even make an attempt to find this car, and the way they dealt with this they never will. By the time the cop was done taking forever to get there and dicing around the explorer could have already crossed the border into NY. Living in an area of several million people, she's gone for good. Luckily the damage was not as bad as it first seamed, Most of the marks on the car were rubber which rubbed out, but the car now has a nice dent in the passenger side door, with a crack in the paint (which has a custom color shifting paint job) so repainting just that door is not an option. I just still can't believe the BS and what an [censored] people were about the whole thing, noone even made an attempt to do ANYTHING!

<font color="blue"> UPDATE </font>

OK as if the situation wasn't messed up enough. The officer came to my friends house to tell him he may have some info on the other car. He also said he found the witness that was in the white explorer. Thing is she is now claming my friend was driving insanely fast, got to the top of the hill, lost control of his car, and slammed into the other car! It seams like the cop actually is going to give credit to this persons BS to nail my friend with the fault of this crash! The cop now is claming its going to take a few extra days to write up the report because of this new information. I'm going to be so pissed if the cop actually tries to make my friend at fault for the accident!

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
Re: I HATE driving in the northeast!/A hit and run!

everyday I get further into the same conclusion. revoke the liscences from women. If you are an SUV driving woman, revokation then flogging. Women's bonehead dangerous moves outnumber guys' 20:1. they say women have less accidents then men. know why? cause they cause them. Men crash trying to avoid some brainless bird not paying attention and not caring.
I can't believe your friend didnt rip that ho in the white explorer out the window and pummel her. cop my ass!

·
Registered
5,446 Posts

so true. Luckily there are no trees in my hometown so when i have to avoid a moronic bitch I usually don't have to worry bout much more than twigs getting stuck in the fenderwell when i ditch off road.

I wouldnt' say revoke all womens' licenses, well, i would, but i'd get shot. But def about women (or unknowledgeable men) in SUV's. THe thing about an SUV is it hits its limits so much sooner. SO if you don't know how to handle a car at its limits you shouldn't be in an SUV. because you WILL hit those limits in dicey situations.

Which is strangely a defense for untalented drivers in sports cars, i'm gonna have to go cry now.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts

same thing happend to me when i had my maxima. Some lady hit me and ran at the mall. But she got caught in xmas traffic and then busted.

·
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

everyday I get further into the same conclusion. revoke the liscences from women. If you are an SUV driving woman, revokation then flogging. Women's bonehead dangerous moves outnumber guys' 20:1. they say women have less accidents then men. know why? cause they cause them.
It seams like it depends on weather they drive a stick or an auto. Most women here that drive stick tend to buy well handling cars and are pretty good drivers, where as many women with automatic suv's suck.

so true. Luckily there are no trees in my hometown so when i have to avoid a moronic bitch I usually don't have to worry bout much more than twigs getting stuck in the fenderwell when i ditch off road.

I wouldnt' say revoke all womens' licenses, well, i would, but i'd get shot. But def about women (or unknowledgeable men) in SUV's. THe thing about an SUV is it hits its limits so much sooner. SO if you don't know how to handle a car at its limits you shouldn't be in an SUV. because you WILL hit those limits in dicey situations.

Which is strangely a defense for untalented drivers in sports cars, i'm gonna have to go cry now.
Sucks here cuz there is nowhere else to go but the road. where this happened there were 8 lanes with a highway entrances, and exits, and some shops along the side of the road.

The crash had nothing to do with it being an SUV. Its the fact the women wasn't paying attention at a red light. She saw his car and misjudged his speed thought he could stop, she jumped out, he couldn't stop and she caused a crash. The car was probably on the road illegally without insurance, or registration, so she jumped on the highway and got away.

same thing happend to me when i had my maxima. Some lady hit me and ran at the mall. But she got caught in xmas traffic and then busted.
Well see this happened during rush hour traffic, and she got on the highway. Either she got off at the very next exit in our city, or she got stuck in traffic. And because we couldn't get the plate she got away.

·
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

You're just a magnet for bad driving.
well I live RIGHT in the middle of the SIX most expensive states for car insurance. Its just this area sucks. Try driving here for a week and see what you think. There is the really rich with lots of insurance that don't care, there is the really poor with nothing who don't care, and then there is a middle class that has to look out for everything.

As if crashes aren't bad enough you then have to deal with vandalism, road obstacles construction, and super tight parking spaces/on street parking etc.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts

You mean it's just like it is for the rest of us?

for real, i deal with a population that swells by 30,000 every fall, half of which are problably drunk at any given time and the other half aren't paying any attention as they drive daddy's 330ci. (college town)

·
Registered
24 Posts

About a 2 years ago I was out partying at a club, when it closed down, I walk out side to go to my car, and saw some
(censored) woman in a 4x4 dodge back out of her spot, and backed over the front end of my car. I chased her down , but the truck had one of those card board plates that advertise for a dealership, so I call the police and when they finally show up, I get the same b.s. about how theres nothing they can do, because there was no plate number.

(lesson learned) run over cute little animals, knock the senoir center bus off the road,hit bike ridders,throw you're empties at the homeless,act really old and drive through a crowed farmers market.But take off you're plates ,because if you're plates cant' be read, the police wont even try to find you.

I'm now done ranting.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts

he does seem like a magnet. i also live in CT, and i see my fair share of bad driving, but dont get into accidents or have trouble like he does.

wierd.

·
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

he does seem like a magnet. i also live in CT, and i see my fair share of bad driving, but dont get into accidents or have trouble like he does.

wierd.
You live NOWHERE near me, I mostly drive in Greenwich, Stamford, Norwalk, Bridgeport, or NYC. The traffic is different. I-95 is 4 travel lanes in some parts where I am, in upper CT its only 2. There is nowhere near as much traffic in most of CT as In Fairfield county. Unless you drive in this area on a regular basis you can't just say "I live in CT and don't have as many problems"

To be honest I don't know what traffic is like where you live Infact I never even heard of Mansfield CT before, let alone been there. I had to find it on a map to even get an idea of where it is. So hell maybe traffic is worse there, but based on an educated guess I'm gonna go with it's worse here.

·
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

<font color="blue"> UPDATE </font>

OK as if the situation wasn't messed up enough. The officer came to my friends house to tell him he may have some info on the other car. He also said he found the witness that was in the white explorer. Thing is she is now claming my friend was driving insanely fast, got to the top of the hill, lost control of his car, and slammed into the other car! It seams like the cop actually is going to give credit to this persons BS to nail my friend with the fault of this crash! The cop now is claming its going to take a few extra days to write up the report because of this new information. I'm going to be so pissed if the cop actually tries to make my friend at fault for the accident!

·
Registered
114 Posts

I live in the same area, and the traffic/driving here does suck. Everytime I get on the road I have to keep myself prepared for ANY situation, and find myself paying more attention to the driving of others then my own. As for the police dept he dealt with...well, they're known for screwing with teens. I had an incident about 2 month ago where a brand new cadillac deville decided to pull out in front of my from a side road while i was about 2-3 car length away...on a road where the speed limit is 45! how i avoided the crash...which would have killed the passanger and severely damaged the driver, me, and my gf...and avoided the telephone pole i stopped next to, is beyond me. the other driver took off, so i gave chase. I followed the ass for about 20 min, while on the phone with the police, giving them the description and plate multiple times. I passed several cops not doing anything, and gave my location a few dozen times, to no avail. i then went to the police station, and was told "all i can do is give them a warning". also, people have a habit in this area of making right hand turns into the far left lane (regardless of how many lanes they have, clear or not) and vice-versa.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts

Driving a lot in all sorts of conditions (rural-[censored] texas, big cities in texas, and the NE), it's hard to say which drivers are worse. They all suck balls. I have to say that accident type situations happen with more frequency in the NE, and on top of that they're harder to avoid. IF that makes any sense. Here, i get in the sticky stuff all the time wtih moron drivers pullign in front of me etc, btu there tends to be enough space that I can dodge around. Def not the case with manhattan on a saturday night with a car full of drunks (I was sober).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts