Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the grey cloth interior with my new '03 ZX3... I think it's ugly as hell, on the seats in particular. Is there any option to dress these things up without buying new seats altogether??

Thanks!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much money would it cost to make my seats not look like a rental car?

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
It's a bunch of money to do the leather covers, over a thousand.

If you'd like to do it real cheap, you could buy some fabric dye at a pepboys or autozone type place, take the seats out, and spray them black.

You need to do lots of coats for it to cover the weak pattern on the seats, and make sure to follow the directions closely, but it does work.

If you did all the seats, front and back, it would take 4 or 5 cans at about $4 a piece.

·
Registered
556 Posts
It's your car but those look pepboys issue to me

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I did this for around $10 . It's vinyl from Hancock Fabrics. It felt like i had nonstop, mandatory homework until i got it finished. It took me two hours or so to finish each of the fronts, but the back, i had to take them out and finsh them in my basement. i didn't finish them until about a month later, cause of that procrastinating "homework" habit.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Those blue seat covers... are not Legacy seat covers...
The royal blue of my Wet Okoles looks washed out on film, but it matches the fleece almost perfectly.
They are Wet Okoles seat covers. About the same price, but from what I understand, they are top notch

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, thanks for the help! Actually, those Wet Okoles were exactly what I'm looking for... It's kind of crappy, the fabric on the soft parts of my seats is fraying off! pretty crappy considering the car is 2 weeks old!!

·
I can't stop typing...I can't stop typing...I can'
6,037 Posts
Wow, thanks for the help! Actually, those Wet Okoles were exactly what I'm looking for... It's kind of crappy, the fabric on the soft parts of my seats is fraying off! pretty crappy considering the car is 2 weeks old!!
If the car is 2 weeks old I would go right back to ford and DEMAND new fabric.
Try seeing if there are any other stock patters you like, and maybe try getting it switched to that fabric instead. That way it would cost you $0 to get better fabric!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There's an idea... would it matter that I'm 1300 miles away from the dealer I got it from?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yeah, that would be my Intererior.
Go for the Wet Okoles! Do it! Right now! I mean it!
But seriously, go to www.wetokole.com , and request fabric samples in colors you like, since the site doesn't do the actual color justice. And if you should ever get a rip or tear, they will replace the panel for $12. They are kinda costly at around $510 for front and back, but they are WAAAY worth it in the long run. And while you're at it, pick up a bottle of their UV Spray, to keep the fading to a minimum.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
you're in Texas, right??? I say go buy some leather and take a trip to Mexico.....in all seriousness, you'll spend like....a day in Mexico....probably like $400 total, have a nice little vacation, and come back with leather seats....ask Trey for more info, if you need his # PM me and I'll refer you to him

·
Registered
142 Posts
Safety Item....

A note on the Wet Okeles and any other seat cover for that matter:

If you have a Side Air bag, it will NOT FUNCTION if you have any type of seat cover. They deploy through the seams of the seat fabric. Along this same line, re-upholstering them will make them not function as well, since some ultra-high tech thread is used so that they behave properly.

If you have SAB's, use stock seats or go for an SVT seat w/ SAB. The insert panel that LEDZX3 is showing Might be ok, but I would avoid modd'ing a SAB seat.

~Paris

·
Registered
172 Posts
Safety Item....

A note on the Wet Okeles and any other seat cover for that matter:

If you have a Side Air bag, it will NOT FUNCTION if you have any type of seat cover. They deploy through the seams of the seat fabric. Along this same line, re-upholstering them will make them not function as well, since some ultra-high tech thread is used so that they behave properly.

~Paris
Untrue. When you order from Wet Okole, they custom make YOUR set of covers, depending on year, model, and other options. They specifically ask if you have side impact air bags, because they make a model with open side seams to allow for airbag deployment. Wet Okole is one of the only outfits I know of who offer this feature.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
With the Wet Okeles you can buy the cheap "fits all" or the custom fit. So you both are right

1 - 20 of 34 Posts