Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i walk out to my car this morning and see this:

how the hell do you do that? it takes me close to an hour to get those damn headlights out, and i have to get under the car. for the amount of time it looks like they had, i'm surprised they didn't take the front air dam and hood, too.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Wow. WTF is wrong with people!

I wonder how they got the hood open without opening the car?

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
What headlights did you have? And where u live?

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
It gives the car a nice look!

Ya, gotta love that "I've been raped look?!?"

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
you didn't happen to have the Euro grille without the locking hood latch, did you?

if that's the case, they prolly had a real easy time. regardless of if you had the lock or not, this is a damn good reason for people who have Euro grilles to get that locking hood latch.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
IF you stick a screw driver into the front grill next to the ford emblem, you can push the hood pop release thing. It pops the hood up so you can take the hood up. and no clue why it takes you an hour. its liek 5 minutes of work for everything. 4 bolts on the grill, 2 bolts on the headlights (break the bottom one) and unplug the bulbs and your gone. If it was 2 guys they were in and out in under 5 minutes no problem. I reccomend getting a locking hood thing with the euro grill. And since svt stock headlights are like 150 a piece get st170's for the same price.

Brent

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
That blows. I thought my incident was worse. Sorry to see your car like that. At least you didn't wake up to see poop all over your car...

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Sorry about your luck. People are such cheap mother [censored]! My friend has his radio stolen not to long ago. I think im going to invest in a REAL alarm soon.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
thats horrible, I know how you feel though, I lost 3K worth of stereo equipment out of my car

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
IF you stick a screw driver into the front grill next to the ford emblem, you can push the hood pop release thing. It pops the hood up so you can take the hood up. and no clue why it takes you an hour. its liek 5 minutes of work for everything. 4 bolts on the grill, 2 bolts on the headlights (break the bottom one) and unplug the bulbs and your gone. If it was 2 guys they were in and out in under 5 minutes no problem. I reccomend getting a locking hood thing with the euro grill. And since svt stock headlights are like 150 a piece get st170's for the same price.

Brent
Isnt it 4 bolts?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
dude that sucks as$.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i know how they got the hood up -

they got under the car and just cut the hood release cable. then they stripped about half an inch off, grabbed the cable inside with some pliers, and gave it a good yank. it was the stock SVT grill and headlights.

it isn't the stock alarm either, i have a clifford matrix 3.

what bothers me isn't what they stole. what bothers me is what they <i>didn't</i> steal.

this is in schaumburg, outside of chicago.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
They stole his HID lights. That's popular here in the North East. I wish I could help out by giving you advice, but now they know where you live and will do it again if you don't take the right defensive stand.
Sorry man, it hurts to see your baby down.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
do what that one guy did on some other car forum. fix it again, and spend the next few nights sleeping in your backseat with a gun.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
there's a hunting store nearby. i figure some bear traps would do the trick.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
U didnt have a hood trigger? Or did they get around that?

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
geez man, that really sucks. crap like that happens here in my city a lot. i hope you didn't have hellas or mach audios. i have something you may be interested in. check the linky for more info. sorry about your loss.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
do what that one guy did on some other car forum. fix it again, and spend the next few nights sleeping in your backseat with a gun.
I think I should do that minus the gun part. I'll just use my fists.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts