Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up. Its my 16th bday on the 16th and my mom and dad said I can spend $1200 on my car.
so that makes me very happy. but this is my problem. I don’t know what to get. Should I get

1. New h and r coilovers.
2. Used h and r coilovers and fs race headers and cam gears.
3. Used h and r coilovers and subs, amp and other system things.

My mods are in my sig.
O, and one other thing. its winter and I really don’t need any more power right now but I really want headers and cam gears. I really don’t know if this goes in this topic so sorry if it doesnt.
thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ok first off #3 is stuiped man you have $1200 to spend,please do it wisley. If I was you I would make sure I have the intake and if you do try to go with the fc race header,flexpipe, and some sort of exhaust. Listen the system and stuff are cool for some #1 stunnas, but i am sure you are not one of those. You speak of wonting power so go and buy it,none the less with your b-day manoey at that. This is just my little bit if advice, I hope you get some power mods and suspention.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
*sheesh* I wish my parents gave me that kind of money when I was younger......

Listen, this is what I would do if I was YOU.

1. buy used H R coils (as long as they are not bent they should last forever)

2. buy race header

3. buy 1 12 and a 300 or so watt amp to push it. I wouldn't do this, but you are still in H.S. and we all know the hoes like a little bang. Buy the amp on ebay and score a deal

4. buy an alarm

5. if you have any left.......sell me all your 0Z's for 300 and go get your self some bronze Rotas

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Head package! There goes all of it. Or..

1)Apex Suspension $400
2)FC Race header + Flex Pipe $450
3)Eibach Sway bar kit $250
4)AEM Cam Gears $250

·
Registered
420 Posts
Throw $400 in a savings account (Sounds dumb but keep doing it every birthday and you'll be set) and then finish off your intake/exhuast w/ headers, etc...

-jesse

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
looks like you already have some pretty nice stuff. you could get a nice body kit and paint for that money. Im having the same dilema right now (wonderful problem isnt it?).

·
Registered
355 Posts
i say do a total suspesnsion springs and dampers and sway & strut bars to get it over with. then maybe a header, but a system sounds real nice! I say at least start a system as money comes in complete it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
you're not even 16 and you already have all that? wow. anyways, i say go for some performance parts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks alot all of you. i think after all of that im going with the coilovers, used. then i will have to think about the other stuff. im thinking header / flex and cam gears. but thanks

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
umm...cams and cam gears. then what you have left over get a light system.
with all that extra power you can afford to add some weight.
or if you wanna be really showy, get the cams and cam gears. and you can get a set of corbaeu tarza seats and brackets for like 600 bucks.
so thats your 1200..your cal will look alot better..more support and have a bit more power.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
$1200? that'd be great for a starter stereo system!

single 12": $200
sub amp $289 (jbl powervalve series)
component set up front $300
front stage amp $200
head unit $250
associated wiring accessories (fuses, patch cables, dist blocks, etc) $100
how much is that?

·
Registered
412 Posts
why are you dead set on H&R coilovers? you can get some springs and some koni's cheaper, or any other combo. but its your money dude. i have the kw sport kit and i love it. but if your going to be raising and lowering your car i guess get the coilovers. but if it were me i would get cams and cam gears. good luck or your decision

mike

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah. i got the h and rs last night on ebay for 660 used. 4000 miles on them and they are great. i think im geting the headers tomorrow. thanks for all you .02

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Originally posted by djecua:
you outbid me in the last sec
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Damn I was watching that one, thought you had it in the bag. That's ebay though..you gotta snipe to win otherwise you pay more, you can't get mad bro. The guy had like 1+ feedback and $600 is a big risk to take on a low feedback seller. I took a risk and just bought an intercooler from a zero feedback seller and I haven't heard from the guy in two weeks. Hopefully paypal will get me my $100 bucks back, I shoulda known.

·
Registered
283 Posts
did you ever hear of the PHILLYESCO FUND?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts