Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting the jrsc for my svt. when i upgrade the boost ie pulley injectors and maf should i dyno run it with out the black box and then send for my chip or should i leave the black and run it then for my chip.
or how is everyone else doing it.

·
Dyno Queen
7,859 Posts
You definately don't want to make a dyno pull with nothing at all, and even just the black box is probably a bad idea.

Have someone rough you out a tune, dyno it with that tune, then make fine adjustments from there.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
yeah i was wondering about datalogging, i guess it would make more sense to log w/o the box to see what it needs to do correct?

·
Registered
330 Posts
on mine it had a custom chip which was calibrated to run the car NA at 155bhp (flywheel)

fitted the JRSC, bigger injectors, Pro MAF, 655m TB, and didnt fit the black box - then took it in for a remap and it drove perfect on the way (about 70 miles) at low revs and when it was remapped he said it wasnt far out. only at high revs it pinked but the remap cured that.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I had Turbo Tom custom burn me a Diablochip. Real good tune. He never even seen my car, meaning it wasn't dyno tuned. A/F Dropped down to 11.5:1 at 4k rpm and levels out to 12.5:1. He programmed it to run with my Mustang GT MAF and 42# injectors. 160 hp and 141 tq. I could probably get a few more hp...but this is my daily driver. Not to mention my car is an ATX.

·
Registered
317 Posts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts