Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a turbo kit but I don't have a manifold. ...I have the svt headers..can I cut them and custom made them to fit the turbo kit .will that work or no the turbo kit is a t3 and it comes with all the parts.

·
Orange cones scare me
2,865 Posts
it should considering a turbo manifold is just a stock one with an extra tube coming off it on one side with a flange on the end

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I have a brand new cast manifold that can work for your car...contact me and I will send you some pictures of it...

[email protected]

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
I have a turbo manifold on the shelf that was one of our prototypes, it sits the turbo a little lower than our production street manifold, but is pretty much the same manifold. It is T3 flanged. If you are interested email me.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
So you bought the 600 dollar ebay box of parts. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
so your only missing the manifold or what? If you bought it off ebay you better check shaft play and all else on the turbo, b/c 80% of the turbos that come off ebay are 100% junk

·
Registered
2,945 Posts

This is not a turbo kit. It's a bunch of cheap china parts.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
It's kinda freeking annoying that people think they can have a running reliable turbo setup for like 500 bucks. I have 6000 damn dollars in my own personal kit after 1100 dollars of tuning and it's no where near perfect. So what makes people think...

Anyways if thats the kit you got your missing alot more then just a manifold. What are you gonna tune the car with? Where are the injectors? How long are those worthless silicone couplers gonna hold up with the screw clamps and what is controlling the boost? Theres no wastegate.... on and on.

·
is REALLY worried about very little things...
5,145 Posts
Yep, eBay "kits" are a freakin joke, but I have to be nit-picky and say...there *is* a wastegate. Internal :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
But that might not be his kit so there still might not be any WG? I say go for it. Hack away at that stock "headers" ( i only thought we had one)!!!

·
5,145 Posts
What the hell? That is the worst advice ever. Please don't give turbo advice. Hack up the stock header? I hope you're joking.

·
Registered
26 Posts
J/k man i thought you could tell by the "headers" reference. It just kinda makes me a little upset when ppl ask questions without any knowledge of FI. I would understand if the subject had never been covered, But there are countless threads out there on this.

·
5,145 Posts
OK, I thought you were joking but since you don't have many posts...well, kinda hard to tell sometimes.

I agree people have forgotten how to use the search button. And yes, I also hate it when people think that we have headers.

For any other n00b who sees this thread:
fake turbo kit = $600
real turbo kit = $4500k+ (mine is going to be about $7500 including the clutch upgrade/install)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yea i mostly stay on the "other" site (pitchedblack04), but i visit over here sometimes for a little something different.

·
5,145 Posts
Ahhh ok, I've seen you plenty on there so I know you're not a noob :)

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Stop bashing the original poster please. This is an informational forum, and obviously he needs to provide us with more information so that those with more experience can help him.

1. do not cut up your stock SVT header. While it's feasable, the amount of custom work required will outweigh the cost of just getting a proper manifold. Bonus points: you can sell the SVT header.

2. Please provide more information on the kit that you recieved. What did it include? you might need more than just the manifold.

3. Dont forget tuning.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts