Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking this 2000 Focus at a used car lot, and saw this weird thing that's attached to the intake tube. Is it a secondary form of air filtering for the intake?
also noticed the cool mirrors (what kind are these?)

·
Registered
997 Posts
thats a VERY old school focus right there. that box is a resnator, and the mirrors are APC gen 2

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I have never seen one like that! One thing though that throws me off is it's got a composite valve cover on it, not metal like the real early caRS DID. HMMMM..???? MAYBE SOME SORT OF CALIFORNIA EMMISSIONS CRAP?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I like the 2tone carbon fiber.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
thats a VERY old school focus right there. that box is a resnator, and the mirrors are APC gen 2
Yes zx3Steve14 is correct. I know, I have a Focus that used to have the second resonator over the valve cover. This attaches to air intake tube that goes to the air intake box. I removed mine and added a Single air intake tube from a later 2000 Focus. Mine is an early 2000 Focus,that has the magnesium(sp?) valve cover. Everybody wants this thing from me. And yes that is the APC gen 2 Mirrors.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
MAYBE SOME SORT OF CALIFORNIA EMMISSIONS CRAP?
Don't think it had anything to do w/ California Emmissions. This was on the Focus that had the Automatic Transmissions. Those w/ the second resonator such as myself w/the ATX tranny had this. Very early model. I live in New Hampshire and we don't have that emmissions crap like California does. Also I have found out by running the second resonator over the valve cover, it actually quites the engine alot more w/ it on.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
ohh doh I c it does have the metal valve cover..my bad...sorry, I had just woke up!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts