Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Friday I was heading towards my youth church camp (for those who know, I was going north on highway 41 just 10 mins outside of Oshkosh, WI) when suddenly the front tire of a lemo decided to explode in the middle of highway traffic.

I first saw a large cloud of smoke then suddenly cars in front of me started to wheel out of the way from side to side. Not to say the least it was a crazy couple of seconds and before I could react I ran over part of the tire piece that had exploded off. Of course I got off on the shoulder and took a look at my car and noticed MY FRONT KAMINARI CHIN SPOILER WAS MISSING!!

I took a look back just in time to see my spoiler get squashed by a on passing car. I cried out "WTF!" and after a time was able to retrieve the chin spoiler or what was left of it. I was pissed by later I started to laugh because the chin spoiler was so screwed up. The urathane lip held up okay but there was chipped and cracked paint, the spoiler was in pieces from getting runned over, and basically the chin spoiler was gone/unuseable (is that a word?).

My car looks so plain without the lip now but at least the rest my car and I are okay.

I guess its off to buy a new chin spoiler now or maybe I'll do that Euro conversioin I always wanted. Who knows, I guess I'll make the choice with my financial aid comes in.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Hope you filed a report with the police about the limo drive and you can claim it on HIS insurance.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Hope you filed a report with the police about the limo drive and you can claim it on HIS insurance.
word. his tire blows. he's at fault for any damage it causes.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't actually but since there was no damage to my car and only my chin spoiler (which I don't think would be covered under my insurance) I don't think it would of mattered.

Yeah I'm a softy but as I said, since the rest of the car and I are okay then that's good enough for me.

I'll try to ask my friend to take pictures of the chin spoiler later so I can post them up.

·
No Indians, only Zuul.
1,119 Posts
yea my cuzin "LAZ007" had a truck bed liner pop out of the truck ahead of him and slam into his car and the trucks insherance coverd it same thing with u man

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
I learned this when my 77 Camaro ran over a semi tire COMPLETE at night once. I got 4' of air according to the cars behind me. Never thought about it till I told my insurance company. Then they told me what I should have done. Didn't mater though the truck never stopped and the tranny was completely F****D. 65mph and a lowerd Camaro on a semi tire and wheels ain't pretty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts