·
Camera 1, Camera 2..Camera 1, Camera 2
7,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy crap, this place is dead.

·
FJ Premier Sponsor
12,444 Posts
Been heading this way for a long time, the vast majority are moving to Facebook and the 400 Focus pages there and when they ask a question or share something they have to do it on all 400 pages and the same questions get asked even more frequently than they did here when the site was busy because info disappears so fast there.

FF is still active and I'd actually considered going over there finally but the new site owners just want way too much money from sponsors these days.

-Steve

·
Registered
152 Posts
These sites are a gold mine for useful info., it would be a shame for either to drop off further in use.

Came over here to add a little when I can, it's helped out so many over the years and needs all the help it can get to keep going.

Same ownership for both now (corporate), lost a number of sponsors to the new pricing over at FF after the change.

Glad to see you stay active here Steve, you get regular mention in FF by members so it would be nice to see you stop in on occasion (on the side) while keeping this your official advertising location.

·
FJ Premier Sponsor
12,444 Posts
These sites are a gold mine for useful info., it would be a shame for either to drop off further in use.

Came over here to add a little when I can, it's helped out so many over the years and needs all the help it can get to keep going.

Same ownership for both now (corporate), lost a number of sponsors to the new pricing over at FF after the change.

Glad to see you stay active here Steve, you get regular mention in FF by members so it would be nice to see you stop in on occasion (on the side) while keeping this your official advertising location.
Between the old owner Tom, Turbo Tom and the attitudes of many admin over there I decided a long time ago to stay away forever. Considered being a sponsor a short time ago since Tom sold out but the cost is just too high. Maybe these guys that keep buying up the forums to cash in on vendors will figure out their mistake with the high prices when vendors don't maintain sponsorship.

-Steve

·
Registered
152 Posts
I can't quite understand their business model, it hurts their acquisitions by driving out small specialty vendors that bring traffic to the sites. Emphasis seems to be on larger corporate sponsors that can advertise across many sites they own. Primarily to non-member users who see more of the ads, though some show to all users.

Right now I'm seeing a banner ad for Beachbody on demand here, streaming video workouts.

Turbo's still around, prob. not many others you'd know. MkIII is the busiest area these days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts