Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just Don\'t Get It!

I hope this is the okay place to vent off what happened last night, if not, mods please relocate. Also, this isn't a street racing story, so please read first before making any assupmtions.

[begin rant]

Anyways, last night I go to my monthly SVTOA meeting. Car was cleaned and shined, and I felt like cruising around a little after the meeting. So, I proceed to drive down this one street and decide to head over to my GFs place being that I was headed in that direction. As I am driving I see this Prelude driving up behind me. I think nothing at first, that is until I see a banner sticker on the front upper windsheild, and then realize this Prelude is lowered. So okay, I continue to drive all the while this guy decided he wants to show off. He drops gear and is reving his car while he is behind me. The street that we are on always has plenty of car traveling down it. Well, the guy moves over next to me and starts pacing me, and every so often jumps on the throttle to show off. I mind my own business because I know what he wants, and I am not the type to street race. I look at the guy and shake my head in the "you're an idiot" manner. This guys Prelude was not the greatest looking. It was a '97-'01 white Prelude with blue headlights, crappy looking rims, and a fart car exhaust that would make Uncle Ben turn over in his grave. After about a minute or two he takes off all the while his ugly sounding car drowns out the Def Leppard tunes I was criusing to.

I guess what I want to know is why guys trash sexy cars. I'm all for fixing up cars, and I guess everyone has their tastes, but if you would have seen this car, you would have thought otherwise. Also, why does every young kid think the world revolves around drag racing and street racing? It's idiots like this guy who give us (car modifiers) a bad name. I'm sorry if this story was pointless, but I just needed to tell the story.

[rant/]

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Re: I Just Don\'t Get It!

prelude and civic owners are dicks(when they have a nice big 4" crappy sounding exhuast). ive known a couple in the past. for some reason they think its the best car ever and fastest. sont even sweat it. i was on a road one day the speed limit is 40. i was doing 45. some guy in a older model crx came from no where behind me revving. i did the same i shook my head like you an idiot. they just think there cars are fast when there not. they dont relize any car can drive fast.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I mean don't get me wrong, I love Hondas and Acuras. I used to own a '96 Accord coupe and a '00 Integra GSR. But it seems like nowadays, once you've seen one Honda/Acura, you've seen them all.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts

Kudos for giving in to temptation! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts

anytime something like that happens, I do the whole "you're an idiot" head gesture, then motion my hand as if to say "move along in your pathetic life?!"

and not all honda boys are dicks. I used to have a 93 civic that I had modded. I drove it like I stole it, sure, but I wasn't racing everybody everywhere. most times I just drove along and did my thing.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts

I guess what I want to know is why guys trash sexy cars.
well by the sounds of your story it sounds like your the only one trashing his ride. heck you even made a post about it.

if your not gonna race him just leave him be. Most ricers are like bees, leave them alone and they buzz away.

who knows why he drives a crappy car, maybe thats the best he could afford and he wants to sport it. i was driving on I-65 south in birmingham during rush hour(which is like 10mph) and this guy in a red civic kept reving at me and i was just starring forward. finally i looked over and he was giving me a thumbs up.

btw: sexy car
most svtf's around here, i regard as you did your prelude friend

·
Registered
2,375 Posts

I guess what I want to know is why guys trash sexy cars.
well by the sounds of your story it sounds like your the only one trashing his ride.
I think he meant that guy trashed his own ride by putting rice all over it. Preludes are nice when done correctly, but when they aren't...

Most ricers are like bees, leave them alone and they buzz away.
x7

5.0 Fox bodies are the only cars that rev on me...the ricers must fear the Zetec.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

That's the thing. I didn't rev at him or give him any reason to believe I wanted to do anything. I was just driving minding my own business. The head gesture was merely a "no" so that he would realize he was wasting his time. The last part of your comment I can't decipher (from BTW on).

·
Registered
3,081 Posts

That's the thing. I didn't rev at him or give him any reason to believe I wanted to do anything. I was just driving minding my own business. The head gesture was merely a "no" so that he would realize he was wasting his time. The last part of your comment I can't decipher (from BTW on).
He's saying he doesn't think SVT Focuses are anything special.

I think I've seen this car before, can you describe it more....

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

The Prelude was white with some gunmetal looking rims. It was kinda hard to see what they look like, but at one point it looked as though they were Enkei RS6s painted gunmetal. Sticker on the front.....can't remember what it said. Huge canister style muffler hanging out the back. That's about all I really remember.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts

well not in so many words. im just saying...that hes looking down on someones car, and someones (not neccasarily me though) is looking down on his car. everyones car is looked down upon

·
Registered
2,097 Posts

well not in so many words. im just saying...that hes looking down on someones car, and someones (not neccasarily me though) is looking down on his car. everyones car is looked down upon
Ditto. Who really cares. While *both* of you can smoke me in the straight line, I'll still role over you guys
; AWD < 4WD. haha

Deep down, I'd love a quick little good-handling car again. (sigh...)

--Dan.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts

Except he wasn't dissing the car in general, just what this guy did to it, and you're right, there's always someone who thinks your car is nothing special....

·
Registered
1,704 Posts

I'd had to say he didn't think much of the SVTF either.
Me I would have got him to pull over and told him 'When you're willing to pay my way into the track, I'll race you'.

Years back when I use to deliver pizza I had a '74 Corolla nice bright red with Cragar SS 4 spokes and simple spoiler on the trunk. At the time a couple of studs on the exhaust manifold had broken and I hadn't had a chance to fix them. Some guy in a TR7 pulls up next to me at a stop light and started revving, so I pop it in to neutral and revved back. The fun thing, because of the broken studs the manifold would move away from the block. When he heard the un-muffled motor he sunk right down in his seat and didn't move till I was well down the street after I calmly pulled away.

·
[dd] - Dentless Dave
8,742 Posts

It's idiots like this guy who give us (car modifiers) a bad name.
I can't say that line enough. Remember all those rednecks in their trucks revving at you...it's cuz they saw a honda doing it and think that every compact driver in the world revs the engine a street races. This makes me so sick.

I personally do the same head shake you did, but if that doesn't work....just start pointing a laughing at the guys car....obviously he has an ego problem and needs to be brought back to reality.

dentless dave!!

·
Registered
2,819 Posts

Similar thing happened to me.

I was on my way back down from a weekend at home. Some idiot in a ricer was next to me pacing me. I was approaching amerge lane that would come into my (the outside) lane. I accelerated to get in front of him to open the merge lane for the oncomming cars. He decides im trying to race him. So, i had to slam on the brakes and let him get passed me. They will learn it some day. L8er Jon

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I'm all for fixing up your car how you want. The point of the story was that here I am cruising over to my girls house, obviously not looking to race, when this guy comes up and decides to "challenge." In all honesty though, I am sure he could have beat me no matter what his car looked like, but the fact is he wanted to street race, and do so on a busy blvd. I guess my story kind of suggested something else, but the comment about the fact the idiots like those give us bad names, is that everyday when you here about some guy wrecking his car, losing his lfe, or killing someone else while racing, gives all others who choose another way of racing, no matter what it is, we do so on a legal track under proper conditions.

Oh, and I was listening to Def Leppard's "Hysteria"..........damn good song!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts