Ford Focus Forum banner

i just installed the 3rd gen header

311 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  vme 
#1 ·
1st Gen - Crack & Rust
2nd Gen - Fitment Issues and Cracking coating
3rd Gen - EGR hole angle makes it harder to install. Better collectors.

BUT SWEET BABY JESUS IT HAS KICK.

It seriously scared the hell outta me. boom. 80mph in a 30 zone.

Also, I cut my hand open pretty bad. 3 stitches doing the header swap due to slipping wrench.

Installation note: EGR hole on 3rd Gen is at a different angle than the 2nd generation header. This makes the EGR installation A FREAKING PAIN IN THE ASS. I spent a good hour forcing the egr pipe to mate with the Raceheader hole.

On another note. I had one of the 2nd Generation headers with fitment issues. If you (like I did) had fitment issues (header too long) and you FORCE the header to use the bracket (by the oilpan), then you will destroy the bracket over time. Mine was snapped in half and I didn't know it until I removed my old header.

(nader, I'll be calling you tomorrow morning)

[ 02-16-2003, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: Shiva Chaos ]

See less See more
#5 ·
It's the new new FC header.

Ult - Dude , that EGR was pissing me off even with the header unbolted on.

The 2nd Gen FC header's EGR hole was angled downward at an angle to meet the EGR pipe.

With this new 3rd Gen header, the egr hole is angled closer to horizontal and for some reason it was ... different. No idea.

But in any case I had to physically "bend" that pipe to get to the EGR. don't know why.

[ 02-16-2003, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: Shiva Chaos ]

#6 ·
hey Shiva Chaos did you find it hard to get the holes to line up to bolt it on man i sure did but after some ingenuity by one of my friends we got them to line up and as far as the egr it was not that bad but i did have an extra set of hands helping to angle it the right way but now i took the egr out so thats nolonger and issue.

#9 ·
Originally posted by boostenzx3:
hey Shiva Chaos did you find it hard to get the holes to line up to bolt it on man i sure did but after some ingenuity by one of my friends we got them to line up and as far as the egr it was not that bad but i did have an extra set of hands helping to angle it the right way but now i took the egr out so thats nolonger and issue.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Nope the head bolts lined up better than my 2nd generation Header.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.