Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I got my car back from my local shop the other day and wow, it is super loud, I have a thermal with a FC race header and got the resonator removed, it is so loud I love it haha.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
You'll love it until johnny law steps in and spoils the party

I installed the FC race header and flex and it went from sorta loud to hella loud...
Made a weird sputtering buzzing noise?!
Had it that way with my custom straight thru exhaust for about 2 days b4 I couldn't take it anymore!!
Had an exhaust shop weld in a 24' glass pack...
now it sounds fine in the low end and sounds mean when I gun it, without sounding like an open header

But if you like it loud, more power to ya

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah that buzzing noise is on mine too but heck right now I can't hear it because it is so loud hahaha

·
Registered
359 Posts
I put my FS race header on about a month ago and WOW was that loud. I have the FS flex pipe and exhaust without a resonator. I was shifting below 2k just to keep it to somewhat resonable levels...and when I stepped on it I could be heard for blocks! It really started to grow on me, but I had ordered the resonator from New Edge Performance and decided to put that on there. Now it sounds like it did before the race header in normal driving, but goose it and it will still wake up the city! I LOVE THE RACE HEADER!!!

·
Registered
727 Posts
resonators?! sellouts

I installed my2.5 in fp from yodude to go with my fc race header and 2.5 borla. it sounds nice and loud, the flexpipe makes a world of difference!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I had the vibrant/FS 4-1, talk about HARDCORE. I loved it, but it was too loud for the other people and then it got too loud for me. If you do a search, you'll find a post/video of me running the 1/4 and its loud, lol.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a Kamikaze Race Header and YoDude 2.5" flexpipe and exhaust with Magnaflow muffler.

It pops and crackles when I back off the throttle, and if even pressing the throttle down like half an inch causes a huge ROAR!!!
Abouve 3,000rpm and I can be heard streets away!!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Originally posted by twotonedfocusboy:
Hey guys I got my car back from my local shop the other day and wow, it is super loud, I have a thermal with a FC race header and got the resonator removed, it is so loud I love it haha.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Is that you who has been buzzing my house???

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have a JBA header, gutted cat, stock flex, 2.5" Yodude with Flowmaster muffler. It sounds like a Mustang...hehe....no joking. Also, it doesnt have that metallic buzzing sound. If I had an offroad pipe, it would definately have that noise.

I tend to wake my neighbors when I leave early in the mornings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts