Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I get in? I can't seem to slimjim it. HELP!

·
Registered
189 Posts
i did that with my SVT contour...i had to call ford roadside assistance. the used this bizarre tool that looked nothing like anything. the guy said the svt contour was slimjim proof...i'm guessing the focus is same way.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
The guy from AAA was in my car in less than 15 seconds. It was sick. Must be easy.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
The focus uses a cable that goes from the lock lever to the latch and all the assembly is encased in plastic, so it will not be slimjimmed without serious damage. You need to either find someone who can pick the lock, or has a tool, I call, the wonderbar. It goes inside the door, then under the window and back out inside the car, it has a leg on it that You use to hit the unlock button.

Either way, I would call a locksmith before You damage anything inside the door.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I have that piece if ya need it!!!

Or you can contact your local Snap-On dealer and ask for the Master Automotive lock Out Kit.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
ooooooooh, that reminds me of a time a policeman tried to slimjim my car after i locked my keys in the trunk... he was all baffled as to why he couldn't do it, and it was making godawful noises and it seemed as if he was gonna break something.

·
Registered
58 Posts
if it's a ZX3/5 try a wedge at the top cornor of the drivers and take a long hangar and hit the trunk button and clime throught the trunk. the switch is always a hot circut

·
Not so Photo Master
6,625 Posts
Originally posted by Your_fireman16:
if it's a ZX3/5 try a wedge at the top cornor of the drivers and take a long hangar and hit the trunk button and clime throught the trunk. the switch is always a hot circut
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">this was my suggestion a long time ago to someone else who had done this. at that time people responded to say that this only works if you do not have keyless entry.

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
you need what the industry calls a "Caddy Killer" along with a window wedge. It's a complicated process.

If the doors are locked, the trunk release does not work.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You should'nt use a slim jim on any vehicle w/ electric locks cause it could knock out the locking bar and disrupt internal locking mechanisms.If u have side airbags you could set them off, sending ur slim jim or lockout tool up like a projectile. I recommend using a wedge or similar to pry the door jam slightly,just enough to give yourself room to insert a coathanger or similar. Actually the slim jim in perfect for that beacause it is skinny enough to fit between the door and will clear any weatherstripping. And from there you can maniplulate the buttons. One last piece of advice, if u attempt any of this do it on the passenger side in case of any damage to ur locks, you can still get in the driver side.This is all from experience(I do'em 20x a day)

[ 04-30-2003, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: malibu01 ]

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
Don't they have universal keys called like jigglers or something...can't remember. You COULD just punch in the rear lock and climb in that way. Don't know if a lock is chepaer than a new window.

·
Registered
81 Posts
when i locked my car running the guy used a thing called the "door buster", it took an hour for him to get in. i felt really comfortable when he said that.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Could have fooled me. I was messing around outside of my car and had the windows cracked on it enough that I could fit my arm inside and tried unlocking the car using the unlock button and didnt work, so I had to go in and get my keys

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Originally posted by Scottybob:
Go to Wal-Mart. Get one of those little boxes with a magnet on it, put your extra key in it, and stick it under your car.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">a little late for that advice...

I locked my keys back when i had my Grand Prix, and AAA came by and got in in like maybe 10-15 seconds...i was in total amazement that it could be done that easy!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">you cant use the trunk button if the doors are locked.

sorry didnt real;ize this has been said yet.
shame oon me for not reading the hole thread.
any way, just try to get a hanger inthere to hit the unlock button.

[ 05-01-2003, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: Goobah ]

·
Not so Photo Master
6,625 Posts
Originally posted by Goobah:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Your_fireman16:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">you cant use the trunk button if the doors are locked.

sorry didnt real;ize this has been said yet.
shame oon me for not reading the hole thread.
any way, just try to get a hanger inthere to hit the unlock button.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">you can use the trunk button as long as you don't have power locks (i know, i said keyless entry before) with manual locks, it works just fine

1 - 19 of 19 Posts