Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone clue me in as to what makes this sound?? I installed the crower stg 2's and AEM CAI at the same time a while back.

Its gotta be either the AEM or the cams, but at like 6500rpm my car sounds like its hittin Vtec.

BTW.... I know there is no such thing as Ztec. but thats what me and a few of my friends started calling it when it would make this sound.

·
Registered
164 Posts
you mean that pissed off honduh with no exaust sound?

i have the aem cai and i hear that same sound. really raspy and annoying... but whatever, makes more power, who cares what it sounds like.

-j

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Originally posted by Carizme:
Can anyone clue me in as to what makes this sound?? I installed the crower stg 2's and AEM CAI at the same time a while back.

Its gotta be either the AEM or the cams, but at like 6500rpm my car sounds like its hittin Vtec.

BTW.... I know there is no such thing as Ztec. but thats what me and a few of my friends started calling it when it would make this sound.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yeah, i have the volant, and about the last 500 rpms before redline is so damn loud and almost annoying. it vibrates parts of my interior, but it sure gets looks!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
it is the aem cold air intake, mine used to be the same way, also mine used to make a weird whitsling soudn when i shifted almost sound like a blow off valve

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Hey Carlos you have the magnaflow now right?

I am pretty sure thats what it is...my car had a huge resonance 6500+ with the Cool-Flo intake. The sound would be so loud and just coming from everywhere and what was with stock header/cat.

V

·
Registered
138 Posts
if you keep reving high rpm a driving it hard at one time it will make that nosie at 5700 rpm

[ 09-23-2002, 08:12 AM: Message edited by: donszx3 ]

·
Registered
294 Posts
I love that sound too, its the only time this car actually sounds cool. And you only hear it for a few seconds...oh well...its no VTEC...

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I got the Magnaflow now, but the sound comes from the engine area.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
it's the aem. mine did this.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Mine did the same sound until I put the Ranger Maf. Is the sound of the engine leaning at the top.

Miguel

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
i never knew ZeTec "kicked in"
isnt this a property unique to honda and their vtec?

please correct me if I am wrong... I never quite knew what "ZeTec" was... 2 years ago when i first bought the car, I THOUGHT it was fords version of vtec, but i was told shortly after buying the car it has nothing to do w/ the change-up like in vtec? What exactly is ZETEC?

any clarification will be more than welcome

[ 09-23-2002, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: TooleBox ]

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Originally posted by TooleBox:
What exactly is ZETEC?

any clarification will be more than welcome
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">These guys were just saying they could here a VTEC "like" phenomenon at a certain RPM... They weren't actually talking about a real Zetec "spot" or anything.

Zetec is just a name like Ecotec, Vortec, Power Tech, or Magnum. It isn't a mechanical cam changeover like VTEC or VVTLi

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There is no such thing. Its just my play on the word "Vtec"

Zetec is just the name of the engine. Zetec doesnt kick in, but with what has been said, with the AEM CAI it "sounds" just like when Vtec kicks in on Honduhs

EDIT: damn, Omni beat me to the punch

[ 09-23-2002, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: Carizme ]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts