Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front passenger spring managed to snap in half at the base last night so instead of just replacing the one stock spring Im just going to get a set of lowering springs for the car. What would somone recommend for an 00 ZX3? Prices, good brand, good drop height??? All that Im somewhat familar with is the Eibach brand but im sure there are more out there. What should I look for as I need them ASAP

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Re: I need a set of lowering springs, plz recommend a good set

Umm there was a recall for this very specific issue.

At least to my knowledge.
I'm almost positive that the dealership will fix this one for free...

I can't seem to find the TSB thou.

go here and enter in your VIN. it might tell you
http://www.ford.com/en/vehicles/owners/recalls/invalidvin.htm

---- Well if you still want the lowering springs. Most people seem to either get H and R, or eibach.

I have Sprint springs, they are great, and inexpensive, yet have a progressive spring rating. They ride very comfortable.

To find them go to ebay.com and type "focus sprint". There's usually at least one auction for them. Mine were $150, and they are paired with kyb agx.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

hmmmmmmmmmm, punched in my vin and it came up with my 2000 focus but said no recalls. I will call the ford dealer monday though to double check

·
Registered
511 Posts

I'm pretty sure it was an extended warranty thing for foci in area's that recieve salt treatment on the roads in winter. The springs don't have a sufficient coating to protect them from rusting, I remember getting a notice for it in the mail a while back. Just take it to the dealer and the'll probibly replace it for free. I've seen it a couple times, mine even rusted out. I didn't find out though untill I went to lower it. Luckily they didn't break.

As for springs there is a thread a little bit down that talks about the sportlines, I'm pretty sure if you cycle through the first 2 or 3 pages you'll find tons of info on springs and whatnot.

here's the thread for the sportlines
cleeek here

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

update:
talked to the dealer and they going to replace the front two springs for me at no charge. Not to shabby for having a 2000 with 60,000 miles and still getting free service.

·
Registered
511 Posts

sweet

·
Registered
19,113 Posts

If I am not to late to jump in here.

I had my wifes springs done under that recall and I had the struts replaced at the same time.

They have to remove the struts to do the springs so you can do the struts for the cost of the parts.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts