Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my battery replaced and im missing the rectangle plastci piece that the nylon strap screws into. Can anyone tell me the part number for that. I dont want my baterry shking around. Thanks so much. Alos i have apc light for my sedan and i get way to much condensation in the housings can anyone tell me theright silicon to buy to fix it.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
APC's are known for having Problems w/ leaking and poor manufacture. There MIGHT be some info in the Archives of Exterior Mods if you do a "Search" but I don't know for certain which type of Silicone is best.
There are other poor unfortunate souls who've purchased APC without knowing any better, and some of them did manage to fix the problem. It's Been posted, I just don't recall which forum, nor do I know if the thread survived the moves between Servers.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
62 Posts
first off, APC products are garbage!! i had the same problem with the first set of altezzas i had on the zx3, the clear plastic that covers the entire light actually fell off when we were driving and i had to get a new set, luckilly i got them replaced for free so on the new ones i used some industrial epoxy that we had at work, and went all around the outside of the lights where the cover meets the back piece before i put them on. that seemed to work, no condensation anymore. so i guess you could try some 5 minute epoxy or maybe even model glue. just make sure you get something thats reccomended for plastic because most glues wont stick because of the high silicone content in molded plastic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts