Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone can give me some type of schematic for the exhaust it would be greatly appreciated. I have been allowed to construct an exhaust system for my car for a hands on steel class. I am basically going to hack up a bunch of mandrel bends to get all the curves i need and weld em up with a resonator and a 22" magnaflow!! So if there is some one out there who can help PLESE DO!!

·
Registered
729 Posts
go to www.myzx3.com and go to the how-to section,,,they have a catback install aht shows how the exhaust is laid out,,,see if that helps u

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
You also may want to post in the 'Team SR' local forum and see if anybody might be willing to loan you their old exhaust.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I would say dump the resonator or use a very small one, because with the magnaflow muffler I have on my system, it was smooth sounding and not to loud. I had a 22" resonator on yesterday with no cat and it was very quiet and almost not noticeable over my intake and engine noise from about 2.5k to 4k rpm. Today I had a 15" put in with no cat and it sounds just like it did with the cat in and no resonator. perfect!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts