Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to have a strong reliable engine that will last for a long time.I want to go NA for right now but what I want to know is what parts of my engine should I upgrade? I know that cams are a must, and a head package as well, but what else? I dont know that much when it comes to engines. Should I get pistons,rings,rods,valve springs,retainers,lifters,valves and everything else, or is that a good idea when going the FI route?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Registered
383 Posts
id build a nice 10.5:1 /11- 11.5:1 comp. ratio engine with fully built internals , ford racing head ford racing intake manifold focus central throttle body focus sport racing header some ECU tunnining/chip cam gears and a aem cold air intake should be making some good hp (still undecieded on what cam i want to get)

·
Registered
383 Posts
still kind of undecieded on the ford racing head , from what ive been reading a headpackage + cams from either focus sport or focus central or gude would sound better , seems like gude is way more into 1/4 mile performance then anything else though

·
Registered
383 Posts
look at some pics of the ford racing intake manifold iam a bit dissapionted in the design , mostly on how it has to be modified not a true bolt on and that it will always rub/hit the alternator :\ i mean come on , they coulda done a better job then that

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Elude, is there anybody else out there with some more advice?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts