Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed some cam gears last night. and i did everyting just how it is in the directions. so everying gets inplace and i go to start the car and ee ee ee ee ee ee (engine turnover noise). and i checked everything. and it still wont start.
please i need you .02

·
Registered
727 Posts
Sure u didn't overtorque the lobes or,
, you did remove the cam alignment tool right???

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
All the spark plug boots properly connected? Did you tighten the adjustment bolts on the cam gears?

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
What do you mean by engine noise, can you describe the sound?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
is your coil pluged in? is your mafs pluged in? is your cam belt on? from "ee eee eeeeeee eeeeeee eeee" i cant tell if that is normal. did it crank normal. did it sputter?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
sounds to me like the timings off, r u sure it was installed corectly?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the sound that it makes is just a normal turnover sound. i checked the maf and all of that stuff. it sparks. it seems that it isnt getting and gas. i talked to the ford place and they didnt tell me anything. but the install was perfect so i think a cam sensor is off or something. i will try that but keep it coming.

·
Registered
409 Posts
If you didn't change the cams then something strange is happening. Make sure that your injector harnesses are plugged in securely and that they are connected in the correct order if the plastic harness cover is removed.

If you did change the cams (or remove them)it is possible that you switched them and you are missing the lobe on the intake cam (driver side towards the rear of the car). Double check the plug wires and make sure they are seated on the plug (this has happened to me). If they were old (I have seen them go bad on a car with 25k mi)they could have broken when they were removed. Make sure the harness connecting to the coil is secure. Verify that the injectors are seated properly. Verify the MAF is connected. Disconnect the battery cable and depress the accelerator pedal for a few seconds. Reconnect and start.

Still not starting? Verify that fuel pump has not died. When mine died, I could still hear it humming when the key was switched on so that isn't a very good test. Take the 2 bolts off the end of the fuel rail and carefully remove the plug to relieve the pressure in the fuel system. Be careful not to blow yourself up with gas since it will likely spray out when doing this. Reinstall plug and turn key to the IGN ON (NOT START) position for a few seconds. Turn it off again. Recheck for fuel pressure at the fuel rail again. No pressure? Probably a bad pump.

Please use extreme caution when doing this. I take no responsibility if you start a fire or blow yourself up.

Sorry about the disclaimer. Good luck!

·
Registered
329 Posts
check your timing! could be off. DID you double check your timing? how about crank sensor? ok? is it aligned to the sensor ring? is the sensor ring there in the proper place?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok i got it. i just went over everything and took off the camgears and put them back on and did somethings differently and it works great now. thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts