Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...

ok this is what happened... last week some F$%^&*% criminals broke the window of my ZX3 and also stole the wing...

I took my car to TROPICAL FORD (in Orlando, FL)for the repairs...

...they told me the car would be ready TUE morning, so on TUE morning I go there and pay the deductable ($250) and the woman gives me the key and say, ok you can take your car now, bye...

I say ok, bye... then.. I look at my car and I notice that the right fender is damaged, the headlight cracked, and also there a huge crack on my EVO3 bumper...

I ask the woman to take a look at it... and she says:

I don't know what that is...
I say, what? something happened here...
she says, maybe it was like that before...

I say WHAT ????
I have pictures of the car, it was NOT like that; it looks like one of your trucks hit my car...

I then tell her to KEEP the car, I don't want to take it because they will say I did all that damage...

I called my insurance company (statefarm) and they told me they won't cover the damage (+- $800-$1000) because I policy do not cover that kind of collision...

I say, ok; but shouldn't TROPICAL FORD pay for that? and STATEFARM say, well go talk to them...

WHAT F$%&%& IS WRONG HERE ? ? ?

I leave my car with TROPICAL FORD COLLISION CENTER, they damage my car, and now they want to return my car 10X worse than it was before ? ? ? ? ! ! !

The manager then asks me... well, do you want us to give you an estimate of how all this is gonna cost YOU?

COST ME? ? ?
I already paid $250, now I can't afford to pay +$1000 for something THEY did....

can anyone help me? any advice?

I thought they were responsible for the car and that their insurance company would take care of all that...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Originally posted by superzx3:
I have pictures of the car, it was NOT like that
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Raise hell, and call Ford. Someone here should have the number.

·
Registered
933 Posts
they damaged they are going to fix it, no question about it, you need to talk to the service advisor or whoever is in charge over there, they scratched my bumper and they fixed it within a few days, all you have to do is be tough and don't let them boss you around.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
Originally posted by BlackFSVT:
LAWYER
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yep. I wouldnt even mess with the lame ass ford service rep. tell the GM that you're not taking the car and your attourney will be dealing with him from now on, expect a call in the morning.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Sorry to say but it seems a Lawyer will need to be contacted since they want to play the "I didn't do it game" with you.Best thing to do is contact an Attorney that handles this sort of situation and possibly they will take the case on a contigency basis where they only get paid(usually a 1/3) if they win the case.Anyway good luck and sorry to hear that crap is happening to you.Keep us posted.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi thanks for the help...

Well... I thought about getting a lawyer... but I'm afraid the money he'll charge me, etc... it's gonna cost me almost as much as the repairs...

This is crazy, I feel I'm in a Twilight Zone episode... I take my car to a body shop, the car comes back w/ a LOT MORE damage and people there are like:

..here's the key, have a nice day... ah, by the way; we here at the "collision center" (now I know why they call it the "collision center") did some major damage to your car... If you want us to fix all that, it's gonna cost YOU a lot more...
... do you want to leave your car here a few more days so that we can finish our "work"
?

I called the cops today, and guess what... they can't help me, they said that since it happened inside the body shop and we do not know when/how that damage was caused... the police cannot do anything... all they told me to do is go to the station and fill out some paper describing the damage...

I just took some pictures of all the damage, contacted my insurance company so that they know about what happened...

I need my car (I cannot afford to pay for the rental car one more week) so if FORD does not want to pay for the repairs I'll just get my car back the way it is and the contact the BBB and send a letter to FORD describing what happened....

Any other suggestions?

[ 05-22-2003, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: superzx3 ]

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Pretty much a lawyer. FCSD could pull their certifications which could hurt their operations, however that only comes after you file a couple complaints with them. Ford cannot do anything as this is an issue between you and the dealer.

I would contact a lawyer as well as Ford's Customer Service Division.

I'm pretty surprised that Tropical would do that. I've had my car fixed there as well as worked with them.

[ 05-22-2003, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: Shiva Chaos ]

·
Registered
280 Posts
Lawyer....maybe even small claims court.

Yes, it will cost you but not really your lawyer sue them for damages including his fee's and any expenses that you have as well... rental car and such.. and they end up picking up the total tab including the lawyer fee's as well as the car repairs.... it will cost them alot more than if they just fix it in the first place.....

·
Registered
849 Posts
The same thing happened to me a while back when the dealer broke my EVO 3 too. I was furious and caused a havic at the service department. The GM told me since there equipment isn't ment for cars that low there not responsible for what happens and that everything on my car is aftermarket and not stock
I told them i'm not taking my car home until it's is fixed. So eventually he came to his senses and said will fix it this time but next time either take the bumper off so it doesn't happen or take it to another dealer cause if they see i will be denied service

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had a similar incident happen to me and the best advise, although I did not follow it, was to contact the local TV station. Every local channel has a guy or gal who report on consumer affairs. Have them interview you right in front of the dealership and describe the incident and their failure to handle it.

I too have State Farm and they were little to no help at all but I'm over it now and won't rehash my own event.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I would go directly to the general manager WITH a lawyer AND your pics AND insurance claim. Your claim SHOULD make note of any existing damage, and any other damage missed by the adjuster should have been reported to the insurance company. If that stuff doesn't work, then email or call Ford regarding the crappy customer service and the scam that this dealership is trying to pull. Also try going to the local Better Business Bureau (or equivilent consumer advocacy/reporting agency), maybe other people have had the same complaints about this place.

[ 05-22-2003, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: bill1459 ]

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well, if you hire the lawyer then you pretty much made your bed. My suggestion would be to go as high up with ford as you can first, but be ready to throw them your attorney's number and tell them you are prepared to goto court about this. Don't go through the dealer, my experience is ford dealers aren't worth a damn until you get their balls in a sling with ford directly.
my .02 anyways

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Ya tropical ford BLOWS. Find that little short guy named Manny, he is the GM. Good luck man. L8er Jon

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Re: I NEED HELP ! ! Tropical Ford dealer does not

lawyer, they are responsible for the car while it is their possession.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Re: I NEED HELP ! ! Tropical Ford dealer does not

Sue them! There is no other way to deal with this. The only thing that will scare them is a summon to appear to court. You can represent yourself. However, you will need to do research to win the case. The following is intended only to get you an idea of what's involved. You will need to do more research and refine your offence.

What you need.

1. Get 3 estimates from 3 body shops. I would suggest you to include one from another Ford dealer.

2. Add all expenses including pay loss dealing with this issue (i.e. Let's say your pay rate is 50 an hour. You took 5 days off for court and car repair stuffs. 50x40=2000 dollars).

3. Bring before/after photos, receipt/other docs from T. Ford, all 3 estimates, and all other supporting papers. Make COPIES OF EVERYTHING!

4. Go to your local court house and file a Civil case against them (Depends on local laws. In NY, we can file Civil for business related cases). You will need to write up a list of complaints. Make sure everything you write is the truth, PROFESSIONAL, and CLEARLY STATED.

5. Serve the Summon to them. (They might want to settle out of the court. Don't give in for ANY demand lesser than what you ask for.)

6. Get ready for court.

In court,

1. Depends on your local law. Here in NY, for amount under 5000 dollars (or 10000), the court will send you to a pre-trial. Basically, a person other than the judge will hear your case first and make a decision based on his or her opinions (They are retired judges). Usually, the whole thing will be settle here.

2. If no agreement made, you will be facing the judge. Just tell him or her everything. Remember not to speak over anyone especially the judge. Leave your arguement till the judge give you a chance to speak. It's very important to not to attack anyone verbally. Try to refer T. Ford as "Defendant"

Its always better to have a lawyer deal with this type of stuff. Also, the case might be settle right after the lawyer issue an letter to T. Ford. However, they can be quite costly. Unless they feel they have an 100% case against T. Ford, they will ask you to fork up the legal fees upfront. In your case, the decision can go either way. Regardless if you have a lawyer or not, it's a gamble.

Hope everything turns out well for you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts