Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed the euro bumpers on my car and I am having a problem with the euro turn signals. How am I supposed to wire them? I wired them to the side marker lights and blacked out the light that where in the grill. Should I do it the other way? If so how do I wire three wires in to a two wire socket? Another idea i had would be to get rid of the grill lights, but how would I do that so everything worked fine? As of now when I turn on the parking lights my turnsignal indicators on the dash light up slightly, so I am assuming that I am using alittle to many amps right now. Also, how do I get the headlight switch out of the dash board? thank you for any help.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Look at the grille wires, the Gnd and Major wires (two outer wires) should go to the bumper turn signals on the 1999 and up Euro bumper, and the minor wire (middle) should go to the City light of the european headlights, if you dont have headlights with a citylight, you can omit this, and the electrical system will still function normally.
You will need to splice and extend a few wires, but that should be the general way of hooking them up.

The US side marker reflector wires can be safely disconnected and will not interrupt the electrical system at all.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You. ...wait a minute. That is not right. I have turn signals but no parking lights. What if I connected both the major and minor together would that do it or will I blow something? Please help it is getting dark out!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well thanks anyway but I fixed it. I ended up modifing the stock bulb sockets to fit in the euro turnsignals. They actually fit just as good as the euro bulb sockets. Problem solved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts