Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an automatic zx3 and I want to get the focus sport race header while it is on sale. What all do I need? Do I need O2 cheaters? I have a diablo chip already in, does it need to be rebured because of the header? How much and where can I get O2 cheaters? Do I just need 1? What kinds of gains do you think that I would see with the race header? I have thermal exhaust, intake, udp, throtle body, diablo chip. Thanks for your help.

Mike

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
You can get the chip re-burned to eliminate the cel, call whoever you got the chip from and see if it already has the program for the race header in your chip. Some have had issues with the cheaters, so I went the chip route. I have had no problems at all. Good choice on the Focus Sport race header BTW. If you need any questions answered regarding the chip, call Randy at Focus Sport afer the New Year and he will answer any questions you have. Great customer service.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok do I need to get my diablo chip re-burned if I get the race header and flex pipe? Or will it be ok with just the O2 simulator? I need to know ASAP cause the sale at focussport ends tommorow.

Thanks, Michael Henry

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
02 simulator will be fine, for how long I can't tell you. The only reason to re-burn the chip with the race header is to do the same thing that the 02 cheater does. You have a choice of one or the other, both are not required.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would it work if I put the race header with a Walker's high flow Cat instead of the flex pipe, this was my car would still be legal. right?

·
Registered
292 Posts
you dont need to get the chip reburnt asap, some cars dont notice, mine didnt. if the CEL comes on the ecu will retard timing which wil hurt power. but there are no problems caused by running with the CEL on. just try it and find out

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Originally posted by Mahtipsey:
would it work if I put the race header with a Walker's high flow Cat instead of the flex pipe, this was my car would still be legal. right?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes, it would be legal, BUT....
You DON'T want to get rid of the Flex-Pipe.
You might mount a cat somewhere in the system, if that's the way you want to go, but don't ELIMINATE the Flex-Pipe.
If you don't already have one, DO get an aftermarket Flex-pipe, such as the Bosal or FocusSport.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts