Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming this winter I'm going to be finishing the motor w/a NA n2o application. I plan on getting the Ford Racing Head, pistons, rods, rings injectors, a bigger maf, coil pack, thermostat and on top of that up my shot of nitrous...what i'm asking is what would you all go w/?

I'll put my mods list first to see what you all think.

1. Crower 2 cams
2. Crower Valvesprings/retainers
3. kamikazee race header (4:1)
4. iceman pipe w/pipercross viper intake
5. focus central 2 piece pullies
6. fidanza cam gears
7. ported 00 intake mani.
8. f.c throttle body 65mm
9. focus sport wires
10. bosal flexpipe
11. mbrp 2.25" exhaust
12. diablo revolution chip tuned by mcnews
13. 4.06 final drive
14. centerforce clutch
15. fidanza 8.8 lb flywheel

As of right now I would like to have the all motor setup but to be able to spray a 75 on the side......i'll be going to Mcnews to get tuned and all and I was looking around on a couple websites and was wondering what you all think I should go w/.

This is what I was interested in:

1. Diamond Pistons
2. Focus Central Pistons
3. Crower Rods
4. Eagle Rods
5. Ford Racing Injectors
6. Ford Racing Head
7. Screamin Demon Coil Pack
8. 170 degree thermostat

Are those good choices? What would you all go w/? I'm still going to be daily driving, but I don't mind getting used to a mean NA car going point A to point B...all of this will be tuned for 93 octane, I might do a switch for 100 octane, I haven't decided yet, but what is ya'lls opinions on this? and how I should go about it and what I should use and if I'm missing any parts that would make everything legit?

thanks alot fellas : )

·
That one was just me not paying attention....and s
7,509 Posts

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
ditch the flywheel. It looks like you are going for a drag setup and the light flywheel is gonna hurt you.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cosworth has Rods for the Zetec now too...FS has them http://www.focussport.com/cosworth_connecting_rods.htm You arnt installing a differential? If you are gonna have everything apart you may as well put one in.
yeah I'm installing a differential, I forgot to put that in there....as for the flywheel, I'm getting used to it alot more then when I first bought it......what do you all think I should install in the bottom end though?

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: I need the all motor guys to voice an opinion on whats best.

bump.....anybody?......while i'm bumping this up, should I mill the head for compression and put almost stock compression pistons in? or should I just put the higher compression pistons in to make the higher compression and leave the milling of the head alone? also are aftermarket pistons lighter? and how much whp can the forged rods hold? same w/the pistons?

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

nobody can help out a fellow jetter lol hmmm

·
Registered
511 Posts

I'd shoot a pm to goatroper if I were you. He's got an all motor zetec c-dan and that things hauls. I got to witness it at jetfest and that is definately a focus not to be messed with.

·
Registered
976 Posts

mcnews can get custom diamond pistons made for neerly the same price as those listed on the site.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

cool cool.....I thought goat roper just had a ford racing head w/cams and bolt ons? i'm looking on doing the bottom end also....anybody have any info on that?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts