Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But its not a focus...

I picked her up about a month ago from Toronto. Its sitting in my garage at the moment, waiting for a 3L to be dropped in

The car in the garage on the 2nd picture is an other contour (non-svt), it has quite a bit of money dropped into it and seeing it being door to door with Mustang GT's (2002 body style) made me wanna do the 3L swap more

And the sadest thing is that I have gave up on my ZX3, I was looking forward to the v8 conversion or a turbo but things didn't work out and it is currently for sale.

My drive way looks better then ever with having 4 ford's lined up.

·
Registered
231 Posts
woooooow I like your garage too hahaha great lookin' SVT Contour you got there! What kinda hp do those have stock?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Depending on the year, the SVT 'Tour had 195 or 200 HP stock. 1998's had 195 and 99-00's had 200. He at least has a 1998.5 since it has the E1 style wheels

Looks just like my old 99 SVT with the midnight blue interior.

·
Where is my @#$ antenna?!
4,107 Posts
There are two versions of the SVT Contour, early mode3ls had 195hp, s=spoke "E0" wheels, and later the HP was bumped to 200 through some massaging and had "E1" wheels. Both versions had some of the best seats I've ever sat in in my life.

I had a 96 Contour with the 170hp 2.5L duratec. the SVT version of the Contour was a different animal altogether.

Check out contour.org to find out anything you would ever want to know and more about the car

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Nice choice!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yeah,
I had a 2000 svtc and it was my favorite far as seats go!
wish I could say the same for the svtf I have now.

I think that is the problem with me and the focus....those seats were the best part of the svtc also liked the position of the stearing wheel, made me like the car more and the svtf the seats are the worst part and the stearing wheel is in a lame position.

Sweet ride,
Congrats

·
Registered
563 Posts
I love SVTC

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
too bad it isnt a puff. Those are hard to come by.

nice purchase, Ive had a hard on for the silver one down the street since I first saw it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would have loved to have a silver one, but so far, its the 3rd black car in a row I own... And I hate swirl marks

·
Registered
408 Posts
i looked all over for one of those when i got my focus, congrats and be sure to keep us updated on the 3L swap!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
You know that Ford own3s you now? But don't worry they own us all
. Nice car bro

·
Banned
4,105 Posts
The SVTC is an awesome car. One of my friends just bought one a couple months ago. When he got it, it already had a 2.5 inch custom exhaust with Flowmasters, dropped about an inch (I think that's what he said) a nice short throw, aftermarket headunit and all stock speakers were replaced, as well as 5% tint all the way around. We took that beast out nad he opened her up to about 140! Still had more pull too, he just decided to slow it down at 140. They are great cars, I wish I could find a 2000 SVTC and snatch it up, either in addition to the Focus or I'd be willing to part with the Focus if I could find an SVTC.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I love Tours. Miss mine soo much. I would easily sell my Focus to have my Tour back.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Way to go dude! I would love an SVT Contour... rare breed. post more when the 3.0 goes in.

Great Car

·
I am Teds custom title. Not anything like the one
2,916 Posts
dammit i want an SVTC sooo baaaadddddd!!

tight ride mayng!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts