Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motorheads you know what I speak of.. if you can throw a V8... whats to say you cant throw a rotary up in there..
the 302 has space to spare, imagine a rotary.. how much harder can it be than a 5.0 or 5.8?
Gobs of turbo power, weight issues put down once and for all to those damn Focus Slim Fast Junkies, and plain out muscle for the speed addicts here as well? Any feasible ideas?

·
Registered
222 Posts
A couple of people also want to throw SR20DET motors in too but I just think it will all come out the same price as the V8 conversion. You basically need to have custom mounts for everything but being that were talking about slightly smaller motors if you have enough money anythings possible. Maybe with a rotary you wont have to tear out the suspension.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Ricegrinder,

How 'bout these? The 4 rotor puts out 690 hp.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the concept of that... I just don't see that as my daily driver... I don't have a suburban death wish. what would one of those run me anyway?

·
Registered
213 Posts
rice grinder I'd imagine you would probably want to find a rx7 or old mazda truck for parts(tranny and what not) The engine you would want brand new, I;ve heard rotary's have small engine lifes if they;re rebuilt. The rx8 is suposed to come out sometime so that'll probably bring a some cool aftermarket parts around. Go by some mazda dealers and start talking to there parts guys to get an overpriced estimate on parts and then surf around for some forums online. then once you're all done you can say Vin Diesel bite my ***. j/k xXx was awesome

[ 03-01-2003, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: sk8fool ]

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Originally posted by sk8fool:
rice grinder I'd imagine you would probably want to find a rx7 or old mazda truck for parts(tranny and what not) The engine you would want brand new, I;ve heard rotary's have small engine lifes if they;re rebuilt. The rx8 is suposed to come out sometime so that'll probably bring a some cool aftermarket parts around. Go by some mazda dealers and start talking to there parts guys to get an overpriced estimate on parts and then surf around for some forums online. then once you're all done you can say Vin Diesel bite my ***. j/k xXx was awesome
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Most likely EVERYTHING you have heard about the rotory, is wrong.

There are several dozen "rebuilt" engines flying in experimental aircraft. Many of these have close to 1000 hours on them. None have had any (major) problems.

One of those two engines is a 900 hp three rotor going in a twin ducted fan aircraft. The other is the 4 rotor 690 hp La Man winning engine.

As far as the Mazda engine is concerned, it is one of the most reliable there is. It is THE ONLY engine to come out of Japan to finish (and win) at Le Man. It's also the only auto engine I'd put in an airplane.

But, I don't think I'd want a rotary in a Focus, or any other car, 'cept for racing.

[ 03-01-2003, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Phillip ]

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
weight issues put down once and for all to those damn Focus Slim Fast Junkies,
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">the 302 conversion is like only 300lbs more weight then stock and a neraly perfect weight balance

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
If *I* were to do a Focus, it would be a 20B going in.

[ 03-01-2003, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: Phillip ]

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Pull the front wheels off the ground at a stop light. That would be awesome!

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
You know, a 20b in a Focus would be VERY wicked. Put a turbo on it......

·
Registered
307 Posts
so why rotary? why not rb26tt skyline?

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Originally posted by konigwheels:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">How much does that engine weigh? Will it do 300 NA? Does it weigh less than 230 lbs. I don't know anything about it (the Skyline), so I'm asking.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by konigwheels:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">1: Have you ever seen a rotary?
2: (if you said yes to 1) Unless your a meek little boy, you can carry the motor by yourself, say the same about a skyline motor?
3: Ever heard a Rotary get pissed off right before redline? ~spooge~
4: Its the size of a beer keg for christ sakes..
5: I dunnow if the skyline motor would fit..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts