Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed findanza adjustible cam gears on my car and now it's out of time real bad. can someone give me some suggestions on getting it back in time????? because i mean if the tool was in the cam then it shouldn't make a difference right because nothing could move???

·
Registered
389 Posts
The cam tool is half of the job. You also need to be TDC on #1 cylinder.

If you have those two conditions you shouldn't be WAY off. Make sure that the cam gears are not tightened until AFTER you do the tension adjustment. That will throw your timing off a little.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
If you used the cam tools then there really isn't any way that you can be wrong. Check to make sure that your belt tensioner is set correctly and don't tighten the gears down until after you set the tension. Also have a good look at your plugs. In my removal I some how cracked the insulator which caused a miss. Until I got a new plug I thought my install was wrong.

[ 11-19-2002, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: Euro Ford Fan ]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aiight i had it scanned since the check engine light was on. they said it was a miss fire on cylinder #4. so i fixed the plug wire which i didn't notice but the ruber on the inside was coming off i fixed that. now it runs great i just need to tune my cam gears

1 - 4 of 4 Posts