Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday afternoon I did....right now I am driving a Mitsubishi Eclipse and looking into the Ford Focus hatchback...and once I drove the SVT I really wasnt that impressed with its performance....I am defently just going to stay with getting a ZX3..i have test driven that...yes it has less power but it seems like there is more pick up to it

·
Registered
193 Posts
...yes it has less power but it seems like there is more pick up to it
um...ok? the zx3 is more affordable--that's about the only advantage i'd agree on.

·
Registered
659 Posts
just buy the zx3 and put toms kit on and still spend less then a svt would cost

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Go with the 2.3l PZEV. 150hp and still easy on the pocketbook.

·
Registered
659 Posts
True true

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Saturday afternoon I did....right now I am driving a Mitsubishi Eclipse and looking into the Ford Focus hatchback...and once I drove the SVT I really wasnt that impressed with its performance....I am defently just going to stay with getting a ZX3..i have test driven that...yes it has less power but it seems like there is more pick up to it
You really cant appreciate the SVT's performance with a test drive. True, its straight line accel is not all that great, but none of the Focus cars have straight line accel. With the SVT you will be getting unmatched cornering, looks, and SVT service. Not to mention all the perks of the interior of the car. Driving at high way speeds is an absolute dream. It takes a while to learn how to drive this car...even if you do know how to drive a manual it will take some time to really apreciate this car. Once you go into a turn in second at 50mph then come out with it mashed, then shift to third at 60.....you will appreciate it a lot more! On the other hand if you have the means to get a EVO...what the heck are you doing?!? BUY THAT!!!! Good luck with your purchase.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts