Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AND PUT A QUARTER SIZED CRACK IN MY WINDSHIELD

Damn overflowing dump truck at 60 MPH was dropping these things all over the road.

$241.60 for new glass

And the truck was going the opposite direction so I could not get a name of the company.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
ur nuts...i would jacked the e-brake and followed him

they prob woulda payed u twice the amount of the windshield for a hazard like that...specially if it was a state funded truck company

sry to hear about it tho, thats my worst fear, having something come off the car infront of me and having no where to dodge it

-chris

·
Registered
892 Posts
unless he was overweight nothing would have happened to him... they have signs on the back of the trucks telling you they aren't responsible for that crap

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Those signs don't mean jack! I could walk around all day with a sandwhich board "Not responsible for injuries due to random gunfire" and it doesn't mean I won't get arrest/sued if I shoot someone.

·
Stoned Scorpion says, "GET OVER H.....OOhhh! Brown
11,972 Posts
Those signs don't mean jack! I could walk around all day with a sandwhich board "Not responsible for injuries due to random gunfire" and it doesn't mean I won't get arrest/sued if I shoot someone.
LMAO!!!!!!

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
I HOPE you're kidding...

Keep that thinking up, and you'll jack more than the PARKING brake. Unless you're on ice or snow, you'll tear up all sorts of stuff if you try to pretend that your PARKING brake is anything like the brakes used on a Rally car, not to mention what it'll do to your tires.
You can stop a WHOLE LOT Faster if you forget that the PARKING brake even exists, and simply use good braking technique.
If you were kidding, OK.
If you were serious, you have some learning to do about driving.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I go in tomorrow to get it replaced

My deductible is $400 for this kind of stuff.

yarg

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
I HOPE you're kidding...

Keep that thinking up, and you'll jack more than the PARKING brake. Unless you're on ice or snow, you'll tear up all sorts of stuff if you try to pretend that your PARKING brake is anything like the brakes used on a Rally car, not to mention what it'll do to your tires.
You can stop a WHOLE LOT Faster if you forget that the PARKING brake even exists, and simply use good braking technique.
If you were kidding, OK.
If you were serious, you have some learning to do about driving.
i was kidding about the E-brake thing, just meaning he should have turned around and waited till it stopped

believe me i would never thing of pulling a ebrake on the road at 60mph...thats insane

only time i have ever pulled the e-brake while moving was when i was off-roading in a field after it rained (open field, before i did anything to my car) and in the snow when im in a open parking lot

don't wry
but thanks for slapping me for it, cuz if i was serious, i would have seriously needed that

-chris

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But im sure they would have to "investigate" the incident and two weeks later I would still have a window with a crack that has grown to the size of a basketball.

It was a two-lane highway with lots of traffic and nowhere to pull a u-turn.

If i did see the name, trust me, I would have given them a call.

·
Illage Vidiot
2,601 Posts
unless he was overweight nothing would have happened to him... they have signs on the back of the trucks telling you they aren't responsible for that crap
Trust me that crap does not hold up in court, those just take care of people that think it means something. With a recent lawsuit that i took to small claims court, i won even though i signed a damage release form for my car, but the judge saw it that it was not part of regular towing.

I am not 100% sure but the sign only applys to to rocks comming from the wheels

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
If proper following distance is observed, the truck is still liable.
Since our fellow 'Jetter was traveling the other way, that's not even applicable, even if the sign were legit. (Which it's not)
The trucking company would have had to pay if he had been able to get the info.

CrUziN4L,

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I took a rock from a top fuel dragster at the strip a while back. I was staged about 30 feet back waiting in line when he did his burnout and threw a nice sized pebble into my windshield. Problem was it only seemed like a nick on the glass until I drove home and it went from a nick to a 16" crack. I didn't ask the guy to pay because it was only a nick when I left.

Oh well, $250 later I learned to wait as far back in line from the big dogs as possible.

Yes, I know I could have gotten the guy to pay, but in my mind it was just one of those things. I know a few people that have had the same happen and the owners of the dragsters were more than happy to pay.

[censored] happens sometimes.

Nate

1 - 15 of 15 Posts