Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it\'s my fuel pump, can anyone confirm???

I just had my aerocharger 3 tuned by lidio last friday. On the way home the car drove perfectly at 11-12psi. It held boost and had no problems at all. It now has developed a hesitation at 9+psi that feels like a misfire. It sort of bucks and boost is all over the place from 7 to 12 psi at WOT. Now I can run 5-6psi without problems. Well, yesterday I was getting onto the highway making a wide right turn at 5 psi and I had a similar, but less violent, hesitation that didn't make boost change this time. It feels like my fuel pump is going. Would that cause the problem I'm having at high boost? I am at 35000 miles and am wondering if ford will replace the pump under warranty with the turbo on there? Would I be better off just replacing it with a walbro or something else better? BTW, i replaced my inline fuel filter about 3000 miles ago, it had a lot of thick black gunk in it... I thought this was an ignition problem until the wide right turn thing due to the misfiring sound...

Nick

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Re: I think it\'s my fuel pump, can anyone confirm?

Lidio told me that if I replace the fuel pump with a different make/model, it will cause problems with the tuning. Talk to Lidio before you opt for a different make/model of fuel pump.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Since it's just starting, I think I'll just pull the pump, and clean out the filters. I searched all day and from what I've read that should solve my problem. It seems the pumps go only after you run it for a while with these symptoms.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

I also had problems with hesitation and stalling on righthanders. I pulled the pump, cleaned both filters
and replaced the external fuel filter. Runs great! Even on right turns too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts