Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me what the small silverish box just above our horns is , and why it may be clicking and whirring like it about to explode? Any help would be appreaciated

thank anyone who helps,
nik

02' sonic blue SVTF

·
Registered
239 Posts
That is the motor that drives the Dual Stage Intake ("DSI" for those that just have to use abreviations) runners. It is connected to the intake manifold by a cable. Either the motor is dying or the cable is broken and the motor is trying to pull on a broken cable. Take it to the dealer and let Ford by another one!!!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Yep, thats your INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER CONTROL unit.. IMRC.
This means that the DSI cable has been broken for awhile and the motor finally gave out.
Wait till you have it replaced, you will be shocked at how much power you have been going without!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alrighty, thanks for the help... I have been waiting for a little bit to take my car in for a few other small reasons IE:RLA,DSI,horn dead,leaking valve cover,CEL flickering on and off, and my speedo completely shutting down on the expressway at times.... thats my little list im going to take in when this is checked... anyone been having similar speedo prob's??? thanks for your help everyone...

nick
svtprep468K

1 - 5 of 5 Posts