Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had problems with there clutch throwout bearing? My car making a squeaking sound that changed with rpm so I asked my local shop to check it out when they were swapping the pullies. They said it was most likely a throwout bearing after the did some minor checking. Has anyone had similiar issues?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
yeah there have been some with that problem. not sure how many or much about it. Do a search about throwout bearing, clutch, flywheel and you should come up with a lot of stuff to read.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mine had been rattling for a few months. Last Visit to Landmark Ford though, of course they could not hear it. It has gotten progressively worse, and I'd be willing to bet they still can't hear it!

·
Registered
142 Posts
<font color="blue"> Mine has been rattling for months and it is getting worse very quickly. Should this be covered under warranty? </font>

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Typically clutch discs,throwout bearings and pressure plates plus brake pads fall under wearable items on cars but have a 12 months or 12,000 miles warranty from date of purchase if found to be defective.Best thing to do is bring your car in to have them look at it.Keep in mind several jetters have had their clutches replaced due to defects found.Just run a search under maybe clutches to find the list.I hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts