Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a AEM CAI and i was wondering if a 65mm or a 75mm TB would work??? i wanna feel some power is this a good way???
if so where are some good deals.

·
Registered
729 Posts
you really won't feel a power difference at all. You feel the engine to be more responsive to the gas

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Yeah the throttle body doesnt really rob a lot of power on the stock engine. You can port the one you have now and get about the same gains. Depending on what you mean by power you could add a race header or cam gears. If you want big power get a head package or FI.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You have an aem cai . That changes the maf to the exact same size as the intake tube that you bolted it too 2.5 inches or 63mm or so almost 65 mm maf size. you would have to cut your aem cai to fit a bigger maf and wouldnt see any advantages . You arnt using all the cold air your getting as of yet would be my guess.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Wanna feel more power? Get a more powerful car. Otherwise you can go the forced induction route.

·
Registered
82 Posts
You need one of those big bottles of NOS...No, you need two...and Decepticon...you need them by tonight!!!

·
Registered
871 Posts
is there any disadvantage in the 70mm tb? i know it has no idle air valve or whatever, but i don't know how that affects the car as a whole.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Air! If you have your foci breathing in better (CAI), then you need to compliment it with an exhaust system that can freely fart out the gasses. Less restrictions the better. A good starting point.

[ 03-14-2003, 07:47 AM: Message edited by: 1BadEgg ]

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanx it was just that i heard in here @ focal that the TB was a good way of feeling some power thanx all

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
If you really wanna feel power, trade your Focus in on an 03 Cobra.... Drove one yesterday and left white stains on the seats!
The torque is enough to make you yell for your mama!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Originally posted by my2002svt:
If you really wanna feel power, trade your Focus in on an 03 Cobra.... Drove one yesterday and left white stains on the seats!
The torque is enough to make you yell for your mama!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Originally posted by Decepitcon_Zetec:
thanx it was just that i heard in here @ focal that the TB was a good way of feeling some power thanx all
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The most noticable thing you might feel with a aftermarket throttle body is better throttle response.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
...hoping ur clutch will engage as u try 2 race a supy'd vw at a 'supposed' 150mph on public roads

woo wee lucky u, yeah every1 and their sister knows u have a lil turbo action goin on...no need 2 rub it in.

have somethin pertanent 2 the question?...

-Ult

[ 03-16-2003, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts