Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thinking about trading in my Mazda Protege 5 in for another new Focus but I cannot decide on a color. I want a blue one but I havent seen the French Blue Metallic. Does anyone have a Focus in French Blue Metallic? That is the color I am interested in. What other blues does it compare to on other cars? Does anyone have a picture of this color? Thanks everyone in advance

J

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
French and Twilight blue aren't the same color.

I REALLY like twilight blue.. it is a very dark blue that looks black at night.

The french blue is like Malibu blue, only two shades lighter and with a bunch of purple added.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey have you done anything to your P5? My fiance has one and I want some good mod tips. Thanks!

My $.02, sonic blue!

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Searched board and I could not find any pics or anything.

As for the P5, there are only a few mods that I would do to it but there really isnt an aftermarket for it. That is why I want to go back to the Focus, as well as a cheaper car payment! I made an air intake for the P5 and surprisingly the throttle response is so much better than a stock air filter/box combination. The P5 handles great but is slower than a hot mule climbing a mountain in Florida.

But I am going to the ford dealer tomorrow morning after my classes to talk with them about getting me one in by Friday (very unlikely). I am gonna get them to install the HIDs as my only option. Im wanting the premium package with no power goodies. It will be a rally car some day like my other Focus was gonna be before I wrecked it

J

·
Look under the curve... UNDER THE CURVE!
3,134 Posts
If I think about it, I'll run over to the library tonight after I'm done with some work and scan in a picture of my French Blue Focus. I think its an awesome color. The picture I have of it is terrible, but it'll be a start.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Which dealer are you going through?
Do you intend to order one if you don't find one on the lot or in their computer?
I have some local recommendations on who to and who Not to Deal with.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Those last two pictures are definitely not representative of French Blue.

I would recommend going to your local Ford dealer. They have paint samples in the back of the brochures!

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Okay.. I scanned this from a brochure I had laying around. It is pretty close. I'd say in person it is a little more purple, and a lot more metallic looking.

Notice the text in the lower left hand corner.

[ 04-14-2003, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: OmniFocus ]

·
Registered
285 Posts
Buy a 2.3L!!!!!!!

Zedex.

If you are not in the appropriate State (NY, Cal, Mass)....wait til 2004 MY or buy in the state where they are available and take it home!

Highly recommended based on spec of engine.

Zedex

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Originally posted by OmniFocus:
Okay.. I scanned this from a brochure I had laying around. It is pretty close. I'd say in person it is a little more purple, and a lot more metallic looking.

Notice the text in the lower left hand corner.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">it looks almost the same but when both are side by side in real life, the difference is very obvious.. I agree, the other one is a little more purple... at first i though you were showing a malibu blue ztw...

[ 04-15-2003, 06:42 AM: Message edited by: BerinG ]

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone. I went to the Ford dealer and I saw the French Blue and I didnt like it too much because it was in fact kinda purple-ish. They also had a Grabber Green ZX3; at first I was like bleh, but it really grew on me. But I am leaning torward the Twilight Blue. Im going today to get things rolling with the dealer and I hope I dont get skrewed! Im gonna have to order it.

BTW if I do order it, how long will it take usually to get to my dealer?

J

·
Registered
460 Posts
Originally posted by FocuZ_Freek_XxX:
BTW if I do order it, how long will it take usually to get to my dealer?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">When I ordered my ZX3 from the factory, it took about 6-7 weeks.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok I went to 2 dealers yesterday and could not find anything. The first dealer I went to had an $1895.00 mark-up on all of their focus models, I was like no way im gonna do that so I left. At the 2nd dealership I found no ZX3's in manual tranny so I talked to a dealer and Im getting one in that is Twilight Blue and im getting the HID's on it when it arrives and added to my invoice!!! It will be here on May 12 according to the dealer and the purchaser! I cannot wait.

J

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Keep us posted man!
It'll be nice to have more modded Foci in the K-Town area!
I've tried to pimp the 'Jet to a couple of guys lately, but they weren't too internet-savvy.

One guy in a Red one came out to the Oak Ridge Auto-X last weekend and saw my car so he stopped to talk. It has "Morette Replica" Taillights from APC. I asked about them being Morettes and he said, "No, APC". I looked again and saw the condensation and said, "Oh Yeah... I see that..."

Still, I'm trying to get him on here, along w/ a guy w/ a Twilight Blue ZX-3 that I've seen here and there w/ Dark windows.
Welcome back to the Focus Ranks!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts