Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possable to get a 6 pluck or 4 pluck sandwitched in between a stock SVT pressure plate and flywheel? I have been looking around and all i can seem to find is either complete kits or kits without a flywheel.

·
Banned
5,338 Posts
you can use that with the stock flywheel but you dont want to buy just the clutch disc, the pressure plate that comes with those kits are useally higher clamping loads then the stock pieces. and you wanna make sure that you replace the throw out bearing. you always replace that when doing a clutch

·
Registered
207 Posts
Do you have or planning to use a power adder??? If not, why do you want a puck disc?? I have a CM stg. 4 in my SVTF and can say, if you want "bite" that is what you need. But it isn't great in a daily driver. If you don't have FI or nitrous and have a real need more holding capacity, the extra "bite" isn't worth the loss of driveability. Stop and go driving sucks!
As far as a aftermarket disc and stock pressure Plate/Flywheel it should work. I think that the SVT CM stg 1,3,4 use the stock pressure plate. All the aftermarket clutches will work with the stock flywheel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts