Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Illage Vidiot
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this picture comes it but on Fordpartsonline.com they have a diagram of the front suspension. I went throught the website and selected the 2002 SVt focus parts and they showed this diagram, is this the svt diagram, and if so what parts do i need to replace the whole sway bar bushings and endlinks. If not where can i get the SVT parts

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
At LEAST 13 and 16.
MAYBE 14 and 15.
If the cost is CHEAP, get them anyway.
14 is PROBABLY necessary due to inside diameter of the hole.
15 may not be necessary, as I doubt the outside diameter is different.
Let's see what others say about those two...

·
Illage Vidiot
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BY THE WAY I HAVE A ZX3 AND I WAS TOLD THESE FIT IS THAT RIGHT

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
YES, THAT'S RIGHT.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
All Zetec Foci have the same front swaybar, including the SVT--21mm. Unless I am missing something, you'd be putting the same thing in that you were taking out

·
Registered
322 Posts
I installed just the SVT rear bar with Prothane bushings and endlinks. Some here don't use the bushings b/c they don't have the flat spots like the stock rubber ones, but good luck getting them to fit around the larger bar without trimming. Bushings/endlinks are available at www.newedgeperformance.com

·
Banned
926 Posts
umm...why you want the SVT fron sway bar? It's the same exact one from the ZX3. If anything get the STi one caues it's 19mm (instead of 20mm).

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Yes, he means the bar from the SPI, NON-Zetec Focus.
It's smaller, and will make the rear bar do more of the work, which is ideal for many Auto-X type applications, especially as an alternative to completely undoing the front endlinks.
Too much Subie on the Brain, it looks like...

BTW, MY Recommendation would be to AT LEAST Up the Rear bar to SVT/S2, if not to Progress, and leave the front alone, but the real answer ALSO depends on your front and rear spring-rates, as well as your application as far as what will work best for you.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
For the SVT rear swaybar, all you need to do is buy the bar, get the endlinks from newedge. I think that the 21mm bushings for the front will work on the back, but I'd check on that.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
What about a kit that Bat-Inc sells that has a Front 22mm bar and a Rear 25mm bar?

Or is this just an even increase from stock, thus no real change? or does this work?

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
What about a kit that Bat-Inc sells that has a Front 22mm bar and a Rear 25mm bar?

Or is this just an even increase from stock, thus no real change? or does this work?
Ohhh....
An even increase from Stock is STILL a SUBSTANTIAL change.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts